New Uniforms Revealed

jbru119

Jun 26, 2016
The only reason I can think of by having black collars and black outline around the numbers is that it may pair well with black helmet or pants.

I'm impartial to it, though. It doesn't bug me that much.
Black collar b/c Cy has a black collar

jbru119

Jun 26, 2016
Cardinal // White // Cardinal

...has always been our best look.

If we were to do something like LSU and wear that as a home primary, I would be absolutely fine with that, and emphasis it (or all-white) on the road.
When I saw that video I was like "damn, that may be the best look of the new uni-set". Looks a little Redskins or something, I don't know, but I think it looks <insert lots of fire emojis here>

MSPClone210

Jul 8, 2013
Minneapolis
Has anyone seen/purchased the new replica jersey? Pictures online make them look like MLS jerseys :(.....

hwl

https://www.cyslockerroom.com/style/NCAA-Mens-Legend-Football-Jersey/21005409

• Dislike
Reactions: iacyguy

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I wish the jerseys said "Iowa State" or "Cyclones" across the chest.

I tend to prefer the old school NFL aesthetic of not having that...

DSVupc3VAAAsul2.jpg

...but, if we are going with a "modern" look, that is a trope we should follow. The IOWA STATE on the old ones was a nice contrast with U$C, as well.

We still look hopelessly generic right now.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
I tend to prefer the old school NFL aesthetic of not having that...

DSVupc3VAAAsul2.jpg

...but, if we are going with a "modern" look, that is a trope we should follow. The IOWA STATE on the old ones was a nice contrast with U$C, as well.

We still look hopelessly generic right now.

Fads come and go, but classic always looks classy. ISU's closet is full of Starter jackets, pleated pants, Reebok Pumps, etc.

• Funny
Reactions: Sigmapolis

browns4cy

Sep 3, 2014
So everytime I see the helmets I feel they are a different shade then last year. Almost darker? Anyone else feel this way

• Agree
Reactions: KcCyclone77

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
The "Uni-Watch" guy:

I'm looking to make some posters that use the new uniform numbers. Anyone know how I can get the font?

This is the closest I have found in Word:

AR DESTINE
Bauhaus 93

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016
So everytime I see the helmets I feel they are a different shade then last year. Almost darker? Anyone else feel this way

The ones they showed on the first release were definitely more deep cardinal, which is different than our usual maroon-y red helmets.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Do they tweak the uniforms year to year?

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
Sorry for the bump, but Scheels in WDM has the red replica uniform in stock. I bought one and it’s more t-shirt then it is football jersey. Really thin material, numbers just printed on, not stiched or anything. It’s a pretty big drop in quality over last year’s from what I can tell. Also, there is no logo on the collar.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron