New Uniforms Revealed

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I hope not. Would love all cardinal against them.
We will not do a black combo against UI. I'd be OK with cardinal or all-cardinal. Got to get that win streak back up with the cardinal!

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
This has probably been covered at some point, but what schools that have yellow gold as a secondary color have helmets, jerseys, pants, or all three in their uniform rotation?
Missou does, and with the gold helmet, on occasion. Does not look good IMO. They are closer to Hawk color, no cardinal.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
This has probably been covered at some point, but what schools that have yellow gold as a secondary color have helmets, jerseys, pants, or all three in their uniform rotation?

spartky.jpg

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
I don't know how accurate my hunch is, but I feel like CMC has been playing Iowa stubbornly the way he wants to play them, until he's able to beat them the way he wants to play. Which has for the most part been playing into their strength. Trying to out grit, slow-pace, control the line the team that has made KF rich off that style. Also feel that the black is somehow a bit of the same. Trying to steal their strength. Who knows.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I don't know how accurate my hunch is, but I feel like CMC has been playing Iowa stubbornly the way he wants to play them, until he's able to beat them the way he wants to play. Which has for the most part been playing into their strength. Trying to out grit, slow-pace, control the line the team that has made KF rich off that style. Also feel that the black is somehow a bit of the same. Trying to steal their strength. Who knows.
I think there are folks around here who pay one heck of a lot more attention to Iowa than Matt Campbell does.

It’s as if at Toledo he had his team wear scarlet.

• Agree
Reactions: t-noah

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Still ugly

Yep, I know they're ugly.... I was being sarcastic, but also pointing out that CMC had nothing against wearing yellow when he was at Toledo.... so I don't know why he's so against it now. Just give me a gold (yellow) helmet option, and possibly even gold pants..... I have no interest in a gold jersey at all.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Oh. So you’re rushing out to buy a black and white OLED TV, huh?

There’s a reason a little bit of color on WandaVision is so noticeable. Especially when it’s red.

We're talking about uniforms, not TVs. You've been pretty stupid lately.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Oh. So you’re rushing out to buy a black and white OLED TV, huh?

There’s a reason a little bit of color on WandaVision is so noticeable. Especially when it’s red.
We're talking about uniforms, not TVs. You've been pretty stupid lately.
Aclone is being anecdotal. He is making a point that many of us feel we used black too much this year. Ok this year it was OK IMO, but are we going to use black as much next year or years beyond?

And I like the black/white, all-black unis. Do I want to see them every week or as primary? No.