New Uniforms Revealed

Cy37

Jan 1, 2018
Haha I know I’m gonna get killed for this but I do not like a lot of gold in a football uniform. I think Cardinal and white with outlines and accents of gold looks a lot better. To much gold looks a bit 1970’s for my taste

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Haha I know I’m gonna get killed for this but I do not like a lot of gold in a football uniform. I think Cardinal and white with outlines and accents of gold looks a lot better. To much gold looks a bit 1970’s for my taste
You're entitled to your opinion. I think others probably feel the same.

My feeling is to have the gold option, keep it biased toward what you like, the red w gold trim, maybe a little less black. It doesn't have to be all or nothing either way. That would be the beauty of it.

Reactions: Scott34

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
I would LOVE to see the B/W/B for a road game. That would be so killer! Can someone put together (photos) what that might look like?

BMWallace

SuperFanatic
Sep 11, 2011
Chicago, IL
I had some free time tonight, and I went down a rabbit hole looking at ISU logo stuff. I have always liked the Orrnado, but it is a product of its time, and doesn't integrate well into ISU's current branding. So I thought I might take a stab at a new version that draws from the Orrnado, but can work better with our current design elements.

Disclaimer: I am not an artist, and am very much an amateur with GIMP/Photoshop.

upload_2020-6-11_0-33-0.png

upload_2020-6-11_0-33-13.png

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I had some free time tonight, and I went down a rabbit hole looking at ISU logo stuff. I have always liked the Orrnado, but it is a product of its time, and doesn't integrate well into ISU's current branding. So I thought I might take a stab at a new version that draws from the Orrnado, but can work better with our current design elements.

Disclaimer: I am not an artist, and am very much an amateur with GIMP/Photoshop.

View attachment 72697

View attachment 72698
Nice job BMW! Already in one night you've got something better than the upsidedown poop imoge we had two years ago and paid who knows how much for.

Reactions: Cy4Lifer

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I've learned a lot from others of this board over the years when it comes to uniforms and design. What I think they should do when it comes to uniform design changes or any secondary logo, is panel the CF forum, others, for ideas/approval, to a certain degree. There are a lot of good ideas/opinons here.

In fact, let a select few posters on CF, elsewhere, CycloneKingdom, and ISU design school, help design any secondary logo. I'll bet the winning design would settle for tickets for 2-4, to a home game, or some free merchandise w/ their new logo on it. We are not in this for the money.

Cyclone5234

Nov 29, 2018
Indiana

Looks good. I'd done some messing around with it also. I posted it in another thread before and got some mixed reactions.
1-jpg.70993
4-jpg.70994
2-jpg.70995

bgprest

Aug 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Looks good. I'd done some messing around with it also. I posted it in another thread before and got some mixed reactions.
1-jpg.70993
4-jpg.70994
2-jpg.70995

I'm not mixed... I like it!

You'd just have to do a mirror image for the other side of the helmet as the logo becomes more directional in your new version.

Reactions: CY21

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
1-jpg.70993
4-jpg.70994
2-jpg.70995

I'm not mixed... I like it!

You'd just have to do a mirror image for the other side of the helmet as the logo becomes more directional in your new version.
It's not that I don't really love this, I actually do really like it. The design is great! I'ts just that the mirror image, for Lt side just looks a little odd to me. I suppose that we'd get used to it, it's just we haven't seen it in reverse before.
WhiteHelmetOrrnadoModLtSideCyclone5234.jpg For me, I could get used to that.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron