New Uniforms Revealed

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
That's MUCH improved, but the "gold" could still be tweaked a bit more towards the '82 gold.... and the cardinal too.

Also, I'd rather have the current helmet logo over the cursive Cyclones too.
ISU Helmet GoldCyclonesMockup1 d4a12a.jpg Is that any better? Darkened the gold and the facemask a bit more. I forgot one of my unwritten rules. Have the helmet slightly darker as it inherently looks brighter due to gloss finish, sun reflection..

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I like it! Don't care for the cursive logo, but I know that is REALLY hard to change.
I do not care for the cursive Cyclones either, nor the opposite color block Nike swoosh in front. Put a standard I-State on that or an Orrnado, make the red facemask even darker, muey bien.

Also people may not realize I've got a dark red and a black stripe, two of each in my gold helmet stripes and my white pant stripes. You don't see that with this helmet. It is not noticeable from a distance really but gives a darker appearance and works better w/ combos, has the trace colors present in each segment. You'd have to download a pic of mine, put it on Pixlr or Paint, something you could blow up good, to see it.

Last edited:

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Since we were kind of talking about stripes (at least I was) and elements of black, white, dark red and gold or current gold in them, here's a detail..
HelmetAndPantStripeDetail.png
To me stripes are an easy place to add detail and color. With our colors, cardinal and gold, our uniforms have been too loud or too bright IMO. Then people start %itching about it later. An example to deal with that is to add trace black or dark red to the stripes? I know I am probably the only one to do this. See the gold and white pant stripes where there are 2 added black and dark red stripes to each. Leaving those out would have the overall effect of making the uni too bright again, or not blending as well with other combos.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Here are my top 12 (hard to narrow down to 6 or 9) Home combos, with gold set added. 1-3...
CyUni 2021 Home WithGold 1-3.png

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Here are my top 12 (hard to narrow down to 6 or 9) Home combos, with gold set added. 4-6...
CyUni 2021 Home WithGold 4-6.png

Reactions: BACyclone

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Here are my top 12 (hard to narrow down to 6 or 9) Home combos, with gold set added. 10-12...
CyUni 2021 Home WithGold 10-12.png

Reactions: BACyclone

Cyfern

Sep 26, 2019
Since we were kind of talking about stripes (at least I was) and elements of black, white, dark red and gold or current gold in them, here's a detail..
View attachment 72590
To me stripes are an easy place to add detail and color. With our colors, cardinal and gold, our uniforms have been too loud or too bright IMO. Then people start %itching about it later. An example to deal with that is to add trace black or dark red to the stripes? I know I am probably the only one to do this. See the gold and white pant stripes where there are 2 added black and dark red stripes to each. Leaving those out would have the overall effect of making the uni too bright again, or not blending as well with other combos.
I love 'em.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Yeah I like an actual logo so much better than lettering. We have such a creative name why waste it with just the words cyclones.
Thx for your input brother! If you are referring to the Orrnado and use it part-time, I agree. See if you can convince our AD! Good luck!:)

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Here are my top 12 (hard to narrow down to 6 or 9) Home combos, with gold set added. 7-9...
View attachment 72593

I love all of these 3 combos a lot!

Particularly interested in that middle one. White helmet, current cardinal and gold I-State logo, black facemask, and then black jersey and white pants.

Basically the same thing we wore against TCU last year (below), but with our cardinal and gold colored logo instead of just that black and white logo.

isu9278711119087.jpg

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I love all of these 3 combos a lot!

Particularly interested in that middle one. White helmet, current cardinal and gold I-State logo, black facemask, and then black jersey and white pants.

Basically the same thing we wore against TCU last year (below), but with our cardinal and gold colored logo instead of just that black and white logo.

isu9278711119087.jpg
Yes and when you consider we used all-black 2x and black/white (the w/b/w) 1x last year, that's 3 out of 6 Home possibilities. Whew. A lot of black there. So a natural progression if they continue to do this would be to at least incorporate some of our C/G school colors in there. ISU Unins WBW Mod1RedAccent.jpg

Reactions: Scott34

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Yes and when you consider we used all-black 2x and black/white (the w/b/w) 1x last year, that's 3 out of 6 Home possibilities. Whew. A lot of black there. So a natural progression if they continue to do this would be to at least incorporate some of our C/G school colors in there. View attachment 72603

Looks like you made the logo cardinal, is that right? Hard to see for sure? Can you also make the "I" gold? Or maybe make the "I" cardinal, and the "STATE" gold?