New Uniforms Revealed

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
You've nailed it! White numbers without the gold trim are better IMO. Love those!
I like em pretty well too. Thx for the suggestion!

Keep that in mind when you are re-designing the Maryland Unis. Sometimes less is better!! :):D:)

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Criner..haha, how did that work out?

isu_helmets_500.jpg

Reactions: Cycho1

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Thx for the pic shadow! Enough said.

Actually those unis are not a horrible design. Take away the IowaState and enlarge the tornado on the helmets, and revert back to the '67-''82 colors, and you've got something. Of course do away w/ the duel helmet colors!

Wouldn't it seem like a given to revert back to the old colors after Criner left? I guess not. Never too late?

Land Shark

Apr 6, 2006
Thx for the pic shadow! Enough said.

Actually those unis are not a horrible design. Take away the IowaState and enlarge the tornado on the helmets, and revert back to the '67-''82 colors, and you've got something. Of course do away w/ the duel helmet colors!

Wouldn't it seem like a given to revert back to the old colors after Criner left? I guess not. Never too late?
That look is a play off of the Majors era uniforms which had striping like what is seen above and also like in this photo with white numbers.

I always wanted ISU's look to be multiple looks from different era's with the same colors (67-82). Imagine this set with an option of Earle Bruce's gold pants or the Peach Bowl era road jersey with white or red pants. I lke the striping of the white pants from the CPR era and the gold pants with red stripes of the Bruce era. Work in several jersey looks and that would be fun with our helmet selection plus gold.
hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: t-noah

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I like em pretty well too. Thx for the suggestion!

Keep that in mind when you are re-designing the Maryland Unis. Sometimes less is better!! :):D:)

Yeah, I don't like all the loud stuff on Maryland's uniforms.... I was mostly trying to find another school that uses some form of red, yellow, and black together and try to show some examples of what various uniform combos might look like?

This is my favorite combo below. Makes me wonder what our black lid, with cardinal jersey, and white pants might look like? I would also want us to have white numbers in that case, which won't happen.

Richmond+v+Maryland+B4CPhZGSnLex.jpg

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City

upload_2020-5-18_8-54-4.png

Use these ones only and you have a winner.

CCG just doesn't work. The USC comparisons will continue (Even though ISU had that look exactly at the same time as them). Since their history is sweet and ours hasn't been as glamorous, this comparison will always be there. This should be ISU's standard HOME look. GCG is Iowa State's look. ISU's best teams sported this look in the 70s. We should go with that look for home games.

Cardinal helmet only works with CWC, CCW or CWW. In my opinion.

IMO, CCC really struggles too. Very "mid-majory" look that we should stay away from.

Our best "looks" with ISU's current sets if we had freaking gold helmet/pants (one of THE main school colors) would rank like this:

1. GCG
2. GWG
3. CWC
4. WWW
5. WCW
6. BBB (Special/Big-Games - Recruits love it)
7. CCW
8. BCB
9. GWW
11. CWW
12. GWC
13. CBB (Special/Big-Games - Recruits love this ****)

CCC shouldn't even be an option. Maybe only one time a year, at the most. The only time all colors actually work is WWW. (And I mean that for any team.)

Gold jerseys shouldn't happen. Only way they could look good is if you went WGW.

Last edited:

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
View attachment 71996

CCG just doesn't work. The USC comparisons will continue (Even though ISU had that look exactly at the same time as them). Since their history is sweet and ours hasn't been as glamorous, this comparison will always be there. This should be ISU's standard HOME look. GCG is Iowa State's look. ISU's best teams sported this look in the 70s. We should go with that look for home games.

IMO, CCC really struggles too. Very "mid-majory" look that we should stay away from.

Our best "looks" with ISU's current sets if we had freaking gold helmet/pants (one of THE main school colors) would rank like this:

1. GCG
2. GWG
3. CWC
4. WWW
5. WCW
7. CCW
8. BCB
9. GWW
11. CWW
12. GWC

CCC shouldn't even be an option. Maybe only one time a year, at the most. The only time all colors actually work is WWW. (And I mean that for any team.)

Gold jerseys shouldn't happen. Only way they could look good is if you went WGW.

Give me GCC

And I still insist CGG works with the chrome helmet. Would look sick under the lights.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
View attachment 71996

1. GCG
2. GWG
3. CWC
4. WWW
5. WCW
7. CCW
8. BCB
9. GWW
11. CWW
12. GWC

I can't really disagree with your train of thought here. If we were to get a gold helmet and pant, and do a color addition by adding 67-82 gold, that would be great. I'm not really too high on the c/c/g combo either, just wanted to throw out there as option, occasional.

There would be at least two more perfect Home and Away options each w/ a gold option (and our old gold). The g/c/g and g/c/c Home, and g/w/g, w/w/g Away come to mind. You could be more selective and limit some combos. I (and many) are tiring of the c/c/c yes, so limit that to 1x/year. Limit the all black to 1x/year or special. No need to ever do lesser combos like b/c/b or other "weirder" ones at all.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
View attachment 71996

1. GCG
2. GWG
3. CWC
4. WWW
5. WCW
7. CCW
8. BCB
9. GWW
11. CWW
12. GWC

Our cardinal helmet with cardinal facemask is the best thing to happen to our uniforms in a long time. Our current jerseys look nothing like USC. If C/C/C is mid-majory, someone should tell the NFL because monochromatic is where they are headed.

I don't hate the gold helmets, but something is off with the logo on those helmets. It could just be the limitations of photoshop. If we got the gold right, and the logo right on the helmet, it could be a cool alternate look. I still like the cardinal helmets better.

Reactions: Cy37

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I've always liked the w/w/c. I just brightened up the cardinal I've been using (my red was getting too dark, see ya!), and it looks even better!
CyUni 2021 b4 G7Pnt5 23- w w r OrrCyRtWhtfceRedStick WhtS.png CyUni 2021 b4 G7Pnt5 28- w w r OrrCyRtRdfceWR RedS.png
Then again I may just be trying to push the Orrnado a bit more ha. It looks so good on the white helmet. Get 'er done! (I do like Larry the Cable Guy!)

Reactions: Cy37 and ABECyguy

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
View attachment 71996

1. GCG
2. GWG
3. CWC
4. WWW
5. WCW
7. CCW
8. BCB
9. GWW
11. CWW
12. GWC

Interesting to see how other people rank it.

I won't put together a full ranking (which may come as a surprise to some - heh!) - I will say I agree if G-C-G were available, that would be my primary home look. Your #5, C-W-C, I like best for the primary road uniform.

Reactions: Cyfern and bgprest

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I'd like to illustrate 4 cardinal jerseys I've been working on, so can we talk all-cardinal for just a moment? Input appreciated!

You either like the all-cardinal or you don't I'm thinking, after listening to some here. Obviously our coach likes it. Personally I liked our cardinal crush the past two years, its novelty, but am beginning to tire of it, unless they make some changes to make it look better.

I think its here to stay though so I wanted to improve it somehow.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron