New Special Edition Fawcast just released

IowaRealEstate

Oct 15, 2012
Ankeny
www.CharterHouseIowa.com
Back in 1982, Johnny Gosch was kidnapped while delivering newspapers on a Sunday morning. This unsolved crime is one of Iowa's most well known cases.
Recently, a documentary about the case, hit Netflix, prompting people to once again talk about this case.

Last week, Mark Charter and Adam Gray sat down with Johnny's mother Noreen to get her version of events on how Johnny was abducted and why?

Who was behind it?
Does she know what happened to him?
Did she ever see her son again?
Were other Iowa kidnappings linked to this one?

All of these questions are addressed in this raw interview that we felt would be an interesting listen for many of you. Yes, it is a complete departure from sports, but frankly, so is our podcast many times.

Take a listen if you are interested and you will learn things about this crime you never knew before.

http://cyclonefanatic.com/podcasts/fawcast-behind-the-scenes-of-iowas-most-famous-crime/

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
I honestly thought there was going to be a sentence at the end that read:

"Psych, just a normal fawcast."

• Agree
Reactions: Cycsk

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Will give it a listen, but... I'm going to go out on a limb and say it was the CIA... Definitely the CIA. Jimlad implied.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Unfortunately I knew a guy from Omaha who was busted in a Child Prostitution ring over in Omaha in 2011. I grew up watching this guy race as a kid, then pitted next to him a couple times once I started racing and I would have never gue

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I suppose that this fits the "anything goes" genre of a FAWcast, but it seems like quite a stretch. This story is important, but I prefer my FAWcasts to be funny! Hopefully, you will also do a "normal abnormal" one.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
I dated a girl that lived across the street from the WDM police chief and at a block party I overheard him saying he thought Johnny was killed and maybe dumped at a construction site (fuzzy on WDM streets after being gone since 1991) where there were any apartments going up.

There was a case out here in Spokane / N. Idaho of a Joe Duncan who killed a family with a hammer and kidnapped the 2 kids - boy and a girl. He sexually tortured the boy numerous times until he died and made the girl watch. He also repeatedly raped and tortured the girl. He was caught after a month or so but that poor girl's family was killed, raped and tortured in front of her at a very young age.

There are indeed some people not fit to walk the planet.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Thanks for bringing the story to cf. I have never heard of the case and now am tempted to watch the Netflix doc. That Mexican restaurant in Denver she speaks of has to be casa Bonita. I feel kinda creeped out that I've been there before.

• Agree
Reactions: ianoconnor

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I watched the doc on Netflix and have read other things about this case. My thoughts:
-Bless her heart....if I lost a kid I'd never give up either
-I have no doubt there are sick people out there and a lot of the things in the doc (child trafficking) likely are happening and if it involves folks in power, it gets covered up
-The 1980s were different....no access to immediate media and accountability like now and it seems that cop in WDM was a sleeze with his pockets lined
-The recent findings of the killer in the case in Minnesota (Wederling) is sick....but this doc is even more sick as it talks about networks of sickos
-The doc has some of the info on the Evansdale girls...I still think that is a local job not a greater network of sickos
-The guy in the documentary that tells his story is creepy (Paul) is eerie....and you really do wonder as if she is 100% honest, Johnny visited her.

So sad. Thanks for listening to her and sharing with others.

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
I enjoyed the listen. KNew of the case but never got into details. Crazyness. Nice change of pace on the fawcast, made yard work rather enjoyable.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
I've only listened to the first half or so. Just have to say that she is an amazing woman. I imagine the kidnappers grossly underestimated them. You know that this was not the first instance but they had tons of facts and data that not many other parents would be able to gather. Who would be able to bribe a police chief and get the FBI to be disinterested....

I know its hard to imagine for many as they've been told from a young age that the government is there to help and can solve the problems of society. Here a private individual has done the work of what taxpayers paid millions for.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
I've only listened to the first half or so. Just have to say that she is an amazing woman. I imagine the kidnappers grossly underestimated them. You know that this was not the first instance but they had tons of facts and data that not many other parents would be able to gather. Who would be able to bribe a police chief and get the FBI to be disinterested....

I know its hard to imagine for many as they've been told from a young age that the government is there to help and can solve the problems of society. Here a private individual has done the work of what taxpayers paid millions for.

Haven't listened to the podcast but just watched the Netflix show. I don't know... Incompetence (or just the early 80s) from the police department. The Bonacci
guy seemed like a legitimate lead and then there was the house in Colorado and the Omaha conspiracy...

What I really doubt is if she DID actually see Johnny again like she claims. Can't imagine what she's been through but man there are some real hurdles to get over to get fully onboard with her whole story.

• Agree
Reactions: DurangoCy

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
I'm sure there are some issues with the story. She will obviously have some bias as it was her son. However, you probably don't read the Cave much as I pretty much have come to the conclusion that lots of well researched conspiracy theories have a way of becoming conspiracy facts.

Just the fact that the police chief would call him a GD runaway and chase everyone out of a park. that would be easily verifiable with the 20+ people. That rules out incompetence alone.

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
Good listen. If you're going to continue a series that's off beat from the typical Fawcast, perhaps call it "Conversations with Charter" or something of a different name to separate the two.

Reactions: ForbinsAscynt

ECIRT.KCAJ

Aug 14, 2016
This is weird that this came up now. I was cleaning my Mother's attic to sell her house 2 weeks ago so she could move to retirement village and found a 1985 Bomb yearbook. As I was going through it I found this story and remembered all of the "milk carton" jokes. It was a tragic story.

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011
Thanks for bringing the story to cf. I have never heard of the case and now am tempted to watch the Netflix doc. That Mexican restaurant in Denver she speaks of has to be casa Bonita. I feel kinda creeped out that I've been there before.

Yeah once she said a Mexican restaurant in Colorado that is 2 levels, I felt grossed out since I have ate there.

• Agree
Reactions: ianoconnor

Help Support Us

Become a patron