New Scoreboard has Video

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Me State

Oct 19, 2007
I was at Jack Trice today and was planning on taking some good photos but my wife forgot the memory card for my camera. Instead I took a couple crappy photos with her point and shoot.
Video board from the back of lot S3 on the South side in full mid day sun:
dscn2902v.jpg

dscn2900.jpg

Back side above the Jacobson building:
dscn2907pl.jpg

Reactions: jsmith86

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
Apparently there must be some truth to this. This is a quote from rebecacy from another thread:

JP has purchased a new WWII vintage air-raid siren to play thru the sound system. Fact!!

I really don't know much about rebecacy so I have no idea to the validity of that statement. It does appear though that he has some kind of connection to the athletic department.

He gets inside information and is connected.

wclarson

Oct 31, 2010
Ames, IA
Stopped by the stadium today after work and took pictures from the north and south lots. Also took a couple from atop the alumni building, These help show the actual size of the structure. They are from my phone but its a 5 megapixel so they aren't too bad. Probably could have cleaned off the lens a little.

Reactions: clonefromNE

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
What does the NCAA have to do with it? It's an actual warning system located outside the stadium.

Um, if you watch the video it's louder as the camera is toward the scoreboard where the siren is supposedly going. Not where a warning siren actually is around 85E. And I'm pretty sure there are rules about that, which compliance is needed.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Um, if you watch the video it's louder as the camera is toward the scoreboard where the siren is supposedly going. Not where a warning siren actually is around 85E. And I'm pretty sure there are rules about that, which compliance is needed.

That's definitely the siren outside the stadium.

It's a public safety matter -- it would have to be cleared by the city of Ames and other law enforcement offices.

C

CyBer

Yeah I've driven by the stadium and there is a siren right outside of the stadium... Also that video is two weeks old.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
You want a siren? Get one of these and mount it on the Jacobson balcony. Have a different celebrity crank it up before each game.

Hand Crank Air Raid Siren 1/2 Mile Range - Keepshooting®

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_xDhQdVzPE]‪Military Air Raid Siren - Hand Cranked‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a19zMW1rpdU]‪bill cowher carolina game‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]