New Poll Results

ojoe2317

Jan 2, 2012
The AP ranking is silly. Look at our schedule versus Ohio State's schedule. Joke.

At least Vitale is paying attention.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
That's what is ticking me off is all we do is keep winning and we haven't risen in several weeks. I dont get it.

There are 18-20 really good teams. Until we beat KU, BU, or OSU in the first game, it will be difficult to move up. One does not earn instant respect, it is somewhat about the stars, the rivals stars, their coaches, their past titles. It is not all about what have you done for me in the last two months. Human polls are only polls. The Sagarin type polls may be less biased. Frankly a #15 rating is fair unless we win/runner-up the conference. If we end up Top ten this year, it will result in human polls being more likely to rate us higher next year.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Wow Dickie V is chuggin the KoolAid...#6!

The AP ranking is silly. Look at our schedule versus Ohio State's schedule. Joke.

At least Vitale is paying attention.

What happened to all the Dickie V hate all over this board prior to the Michigan game? I thought he was just a stupid Dook homer and we were all supposed to be happy the day he died without ever setting foot in Hilton. :jimlad:

CNECloneFan

Dec 1, 2012
I would rather the team be a little under-rated and play with a chip than to be over-rated and primed for a big fall. I want them to say "WTF" rather than "look at us"

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Polls don't really matter. Just ask Seth Davis.

The Top 25 matters in college hoops, Q&A with Craig Neal and more - College Basketball - Seth Davis - SI.com

Make sure you read it to the end.

I agree with a lot that was written in there.

Again, my stance, it is freaking important to be ranked. No way that Baylor, Wich. St., Fla, UNC, or Memphis better than our Cyclones at this point in the year.

Oh well, it will be a motivator for our guys. Keep them hungry going over to Hawaii.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
That moron Ron Morris finally has ISU on his ballot but clear down at 22. There are 20 losses on the records of the teams he ranked above ISU. He has ISU ranked one spot above 4 loss Michigan.

What an ultra-maroon.

[video=youtube;C_Kh7nLplWo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_Kh7nLplWo[/video]

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
That moron Ron Morris finally has ISU on his ballot but clear down at 22. There are 20 losses on the records of the teams he ranked above ISU. He has ISU ranked one spot above 4 loss Michigan.

What an ultra-maroon.

[video=youtube;C_Kh7nLplWo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_Kh7nLplWo[/video]
Hey in his defense at least he actually put us on his ballot for once. Its progress.

Jordanj6502

Jan 9, 2010
Ames

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
If anyone is interested, one website took 6 different polls and averaged them out. The end result was a BCS like poll. We are 9th and ahead of Kansas and Michigan St.

Pollstalker