Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
New_JTS_FB_Map.jpg

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Is it just me or are the $250 donors getting worse parking than the GP? Doesn't look much different at first glance.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
I've always had a pass for football but was curious. How fast to the 4 lots closest to Hilton fill up before a football game?

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
I've always had a pass for football but was curious. How fast to the 4 lots closest to Hilton fill up before a football game?

For football I usually park around Hilton for $20. I've never had an issue of Im 2+ hours early. If your any later than 2 hours before kickoff it can get full. Also if you have a truck take it. Definitely nicer when jumping the curb as you can park on the grass in certain areas around Hilton .

If that's full I'll park behind the power plant along university for free. That's a 20 minute walk but I actually get out of town quicker as I can get onto 13th easily and go to South Dakota/30 . The advantage of parking there is you avoid the madness of the traffic after a game. Tis a pain if tailgating tho.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cycsk

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

It doesn't fill up nearly as fast as you think it would. I haven't parked there in years but you kind of feel disconnected. I personally would rather hit the south grass lots as the walk to the stadium is pretty much the same.

• Agree
Reactions: jdcyclone19

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
At least the $250 spot gets you a guranteed parking spot. The general public parking can get a little dicey, especially if their is an event as CY Stephens.

The worst is when there is enough rain/flooding that they don't have any of the grass lots open. Then you can't find a spot for anything.

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
Doesn’t look like anything changed except the colors for football correct ?

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
The worst is when there is enough rain/flooding that they don't have any of the grass lots open. Then you can't find a spot for anything.

Yeah, I agree. I have a go to spot on those days though and never have any issues.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

It's always a crap shoot parking around Hilton. We would wait in line an hour or so sometimes and get a pretty good spot. If it even has any rain in the forecast though, you can get there early only to find out the lots are closed for people in G7 if it even sprinkles out. Plus dealing with event at CY or Hilton you always have to keep reading any parking updates the Athletic Department puts out. Plus getting out of there really sucks after a game.

Clone Nation

Aug 1, 2018
Is it just me or are the $250 donors getting worse parking than the GP? Doesn't look much different at first glance.
I don't know why anyone would want to pay to park there. It's brutal walking from there to Hilton when it's cold and windy.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I love the fact that we will be able to exit to the north after basketball games without waiting for the fatcats around Hilton to exit first. I hope they're restricted to exiting to Lincolnway (but I'm not holding my breath).

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron