New member with Important News about ISU &Cotton Bowl

Texas Cyclone

Dec 11, 2020
Hello everyone. I'm a new member and looking forward to watching the Cyclones beat the Sooners in the Big XII Championship! :D

I have edited this post since it was first posted to update some information I received and to clarify.

Should the Cyclones not be in the Semi-finals of the College Football playoffs, there is a great possibility they will be selected by the College Football Playoff Selection Committee to be in the Cotton Bowl. Some projections have both the Cyclones and Sooners in New Year ' Six bowls , so the the Big XII could have 2 New Year's Six bowls! (Cotton and Fiesta) That is due to the latest CFP rankings. We have to see how all of Saturday's Championship games go.

I've been a Cotton Bowl Season Ticket holder for 32 years and am anxiously hoping the Cyclones are pickin' cotton!
Sorry, I'm keeping my tickets .:oops:

As I have a wealth of experience about the Cotton Bowl, I'm going to write another thread to help you by giving you my insights about the university ticket allotment, prices, and general locations and , information on the Cotton Bowl App for displaying your mobile tickets for stadium entrance.

Then I plan a separate thread about generally where to stay, parking, best tailgating spots, stadium rules, logistics, best seating location views, how to attend, how to find several postings of the exact same tickets posted many times simultaneously on tickets websites. Uninformed fans can be fooled into thinking there are thousands of tickets for sale, but there are not. There are less than 2,000 tickets listed on StubHub, and most of the exact same unique ticket groups are being posted simultaneously on other ticket websites. There are NOT thousands of separate, unique groups for sale.

I have a friend who works for the Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic, and the organization will be very excited if the Cyclones are selected, as will be many Cyclones fans!

Unfortunately, due to COVID, a greatly reduced ticket allotment will be sent to each participant university....3500 allotment for each. The stadium seating capacity has been reduced for fan safety.

Be watching for my other thread coming soon. Tell friends. I guess the best place to post will be in the football forum. Perhaps the moderators will choose to also make it be a sticky thread.

Thanks for reading. I hope to be of help to you.
Go Cyclones.

Texas Cyclone.

Last edited:

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Hello everyone. I'm a new member and looking forward to watching the Cyclones beat the Sooners in the Big XII Championship! :D

Should the Cyclones not be in the Semi-finals of the College Football playoffs, there is a great possibility they will be selected by the College Football Playoff Selection Committee to be in the Cotton Bowl. Some projections have both the Cyclones and Sooners in New Year ' Six bowls , so the the Big XII could have 2 New Year's Six bowls! (Cotton and Fiesta) That is due to the latest CFP rankings. We have to see how all of Saturday's Championship games go.

I've been a Cotton Bowl Season Ticket holder for 32 years and am anxiously hoping the Cyclones are pickin' cotton!

As I have a wealth of experience about the Cotton Bowl, I'm going to write another post to help you by giving you my insights about the game, including information on the Cotton Bowl App for displaying your mobile tickets for stadium entrance, where to stay, parking, best tailgating spots, stadium rules, logistics, best seating location views, how to attend, etc.

I have a friend who works for the Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic, and the organization will be very excited if the Cyclones are selected, as will be many Cyclones fans!

Unfortunately, due to COVID, a greatly reduced ticket allotment will be sent to each participant university....3500 allotment for each, includes seats for the bands. The stadium seating capacity has been cut for fan safety.

Be watching for my other post coming soon. Tell friends. I guess the best place to post will be in the main forum. Perhaps the moderator will choose to also put it in the football forum.

Go Cyclones.

Texas Cyclone.

Welcome to CF

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Appreciate the info. Cotton Bowl has been the general assumption for awhile assuming ISU wins the Big 12 and doesn’t manage to somehow find itself in the CFP since the Sugar Bowl isn’t available to us this year.

Texas Cyclone

Dec 11, 2020
Some recent projections show either Iowa State or Oklahoma in the Cotton Bowl and at the same time the other of the two in the Fiesta. The projections do not state the bowl picks based upon winning the Big XII Championship.

I'm working on writing my post with details. I had a good start and for some reason overnight my work did not save, so I'll be rewriting today.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Here's my attempt to capture bowl projections:

Affliation/NameIowa StateOpponentOklahomaOpponent
Athlon/Steven LassanFiestaUSCCottonFlorida
CBS/Jerry PalmArizonaWashingtonCottonGeorgia
Watch Stadium/Brett McMurphyCottonFloridaAlamoWashington
CFN/Tim HeitmanAlamoWashingtonCottonTexas A&M
USA Today/Erick SmithAlamoWashingtonCottonIndiana
Dratings/JeffCottonTexas A&MAlamoColorado
The Athletic/Stewart MandelAlamoColoradoCottonFlorida
ESPN/BonaguraCottonFloridaAlamoWashington
ESPN/SchlabachAlamoColoradoCottonFlorida
Sporting News / Bill BenderAlamoColoradoCottonFlorida

These all come from postings this week.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Triggermv and Angie

Jerms

May 13, 2011
Atlantic, IA

This still feels unreal to me. For years I dreamt about ISU someday being good enough to make an Alamo Bowl. Now not only have we already been there, but this year it is our worst case scenario.

• Love
Reactions: ISUFan22

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL

Jerry Palm needs to go into a new line of work. Maybe meth dealer? Arizona Bowl???

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Maybe he calls the fiesta, that Arizona bowl.

Palm had us in the Alamo Bowl last week. Granted these guys are horrible prognosticators. I'm going to track their picks for all bowl games, like I did a few years ago, so that I can crown a champion.

Maybe we could take bets on who will win?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

As I have a wealth of experience about the Cotton Bowl, I'm going to write another post to help you by giving you my insights about the game, including information on the Cotton Bowl App for displaying your mobile tickets for stadium entrance, where to stay, parking, best tailgating spots, stadium rules, logistics, best seating location views, how to attend, etc.

Unfortunately, due to COVID, a greatly reduced ticket allotment will be sent to each participant university....3500 allotment for each, includes seats for the bands. The stadium seating capacity has been cut for fan safety.

Be watching for my other post coming soon. Tell friends. I guess the best place to post will be in the main forum. Perhaps the moderator will choose to also put it in the football forum.

Go Cyclones.

Texas Cyclone.
Welcome, cool info, thanks!

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

Go Cyclones.

Texas Cyclone.
Sweet jinx post...

Reactions: cyclonepower

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
Information about what to do near the stadium (besides Texas Live!) would be appreciated, since many of us will be in the area this weekend! Restaurants, bars (ones that can be open), etc.

Reactions: RogerQC and aauummm

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Information about what to do near the stadium (besides Texas Live!) would be appreciated, since many of us will be in the area this weekend! Restaurants, bars (ones that can be open), etc.

I might be working on something for a Friday night gamewatch at Mavericks. ;)

• Winner
Reactions: cstrunk and aauummm

Jacobs

CBClone FB76
Dec 31, 2020

I have edited this post since it was first posted to update some information I received and to clarify.

As I have a wealth of experience about the Cotton Bowl, I'm going to write another thread to help you by giving you my insights about the university ticket allotment, prices, and general locations and , information on the Cotton Bowl App for displaying your mobile tickets for stadium entrance.

Then I plan a separate thread about generally where to stay, parking, best tailgating spots, stadium rules, logistics, best seating location views, how to attend, how to find several postings of the exact same tickets posted many times simultaneously on tickets websites. Uninformed fans can be fooled into thinking there are thousands of tickets for sale, but there are not. There are less than 2,000 tickets listed on StubHub, and most of the exact same unique ticket groups are being posted simultaneously on other ticket websites. There are NOT thousands of separate, unique groups for sale.

Unfortunately, due to COVID, a greatly reduced ticket allotment will be sent to each participant university....3500 allotment for each. The stadium seating capacity has been reduced for fan safety.

Be watching for my other thread coming soon. Tell friends. I guess the best place to post will be in the football forum. Perhaps the moderators will choose to also make it be a sticky thread.

Go Cyclones.

Texas Cyclone.
Welcome