New logo & uniforms? Hope not!!

isuforlife

Sep 6, 2007
Leave it alone, need to start having a logo and name that is known!! quit changing it!!!!

bmuff

Apr 7, 2006
A couple friends of mine who are Mizzou fans saw our new I-State helmet for the first time last month on TV. They both brought up on their own how much better they like the new helmet. One of them said he wasn't even sure what was on our old helmet. He thought it was too busy.

We all love Cy but he doesn't belong on a helmet. There's a reason why you don't see a school's mascot on any helmets. They're too hard to distinguish from a distance.

Agreed. I like the new logo. I love the new (old) colors. Some things still need to be worked out with Nike though. From what Pollard said in his letter, it will just take time. Eventually, the various sports teams will have uniforms with the right color. If they don't, then screw Nike, we'll move to a competitor. I don't get why we have to use Nike for cheerleader and pom outfits anyway.

My only complaint about the FB unis is that they should do whatever they can to differentiate themselves from USC. A couple of simple things would be to use a white or gold facemask instead of grey and put a gold stripe on the helmet. I'd love to see some small tornado decals for the back of the helmet...given for good play.

Reactions: dustinal

iowast8fan

Aug 3, 2006
Ankeny
The Blue added accent. I don't even like the way Cy looks without the blue.

I absolutely LOVE the "bird-in-a-blender" cy without the blue. The day I saw it without the blue, I immediately bought a shirt. While blue was in the logo, I specifically told all family members that buy me cyclone apparel that there must be NO BLUE. Blue started as an accent color and quickly became the dominant color in most clothing. It sucked.

While I don't think the new I-State logo is anything special. I love the colors and I would NEVER want the logo to change again....especially this quickly.

b3r3m

Feb 1, 2007
The new logo is a huge improvement IMO. And from a marketing standpoint, it is as well. We now have a clear, distinguishable logo instead of some crazy bird that you can't even tell what's going on with it. Look at any school with a lot of tradition and you will find a simple, easily-recongnizable logo.

Some people just can't deal with change. I would hate to see them change this, but I really don't think Pollard would.

And for those people that hate us being called I-State...why? Everyone calls Kansas state K-State. There's nothing wrong with it. Even my mom slips up and calls us Iowa sometimes! I-State is a HUGE improvement to that!

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
The new logo is a huge improvement IMO. And from a marketing standpoint, it is as well. We now have a clear, distinguishable logo instead of some crazy bird that you can't even tell what's going on with it. Look at any school with a lot of tradition and you will find a simple, easily-recongnizable logo.

Some people just can't deal with change. I would hate to see them change this, but I really don't think Pollard would.

And for those people that hate us being called I-State...why? Everyone calls Kansas state K-State. There's nothing wrong with it. Even my mom slips up and calls us Iowa sometimes! I-State is a HUGE improvement to that!

Like the I-State logo, like the new Cy logo with the new colors, hate the idea of being called I-State. Sounds like a cheap rip-off of K-State, makes us sound like we want to be like K-State, that and it doesn't even roll off the tongue like K-State. Like Iowa State or ISU, screw this "I-State Cyclones" crap.