New logo & uniforms? Hope not!!

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

hurdleisu24

Bookie
Sep 13, 2008
New York
Side question: If the football team has "cardinal" jersies, why doesn't the basketball team? The unis they wore at Iowa last Friday were maroon.

The only teams at ISU right now that have the actual "Team Cardinal" are the football team and the Track/Cross Country teams. I am not exactly sure why but it has something to do with NIKE.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
U-Mean to tell me that Nike is not smart enough to make a Cardianal color...absolutely Laughable...:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
U-Mean to tell me that Nike is not smart enough to make a Cardianal color...absolutely Laughable...:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

It's a long story and has been explained. It is true though.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Changing their logo isn't any reason to have to get new apparel. I would rather wear older stuff, anyway. Any Cyclone apparel looks good. :yes:
I'm still wearing my t-shirt from the Insight.com bowl, from 2000.

I'm with you. It's not outdated. It's called throwback.:smile:

The walking Cy will always be a classic, and the whirlybird will be around for a while too. We had it for 12+ years.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
What looks worse... new maroon(not cardinal or red, almost purple) Istate stuff or all navy blue spinning CY stuff?

drum1306

Sep 17, 2007
Really now? I think you should continue to post the fact that you don't like the logo or colors a few more times per page. I'm sure that no one here understands what you are trying to get across.

This is the 21st century. Take a look at logos, typefaces, and general graphic styles in college sports over the past 10 years, and try and make an argument for a 60's era cartoon. Please.

I've heard nothing but compliments about the new logo since it's enactment, from people outside the state of Iowa as well as in. Time marches on.

ISU_phoria

Apr 10, 2006
Andover, MN

Yeah, Pollard explained this a few weeks back. Apparently ISU doesn't sell enough merchandise (other than football & track) to get into Nike's official designation where Nike will produce the uniforms to the team's exact colors. So, we're limited to Nike's available standard colors and it was either the Maroon or the back to the old Red.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
Yeah, Pollard explained this a few weeks back. Apparently ISU doesn't sell enough merchandise (other than football & track) to get into Nike's official designation where Nike will produce the uniforms to the team's exact colors. So, we're limited to Nike's available standard colors and it was either the Maroon or the back to the old Red.

Let's pool our order with USC....

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
So, we're limited to Nike's available standard colors and it was either the Maroon or the back to the old Red.

This is what confuses me. I would think Nike makes several shades of reds, some of which have to be better than this Virginia Tech maroon.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Why would we get new uniforms just because of a new coach? Coach Mac had new uniforms like 3 times.

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
I must be in the minority, but I love the new look and colors, my only change would be to use a variation of the throwback helmets from the 2007 ISU v Iowa game.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
Me!

...and a lot of others.

not as many as those of you who desire this think. And I would bet that a very large percentage of those who preferred this helmet design have NEVER lived out of state and had to explain it to someone not familiar with it.