New JTS Lawn

redrocker

Sep 5, 2006
Ames - West-CY'd
For those who were cracking on the field at the spring game, have no fear.

Important - Everybody needs to remember that as much as we like seeing progress at JTC, it is still an active construction site and NOBODY should be going into/onto any part of the construction site without proper authorization. It's very important to remember this as any legal or lawsuit issues could cause serious adverse problems for Iowa State and therefore the athletic programs.

Last edited:

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Re: New Lawn

looks like dirt to me... look at how heavy the paint must have been on in the North Endzone... it 'stained' the dirt.

-keep.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Re: New Lawn

Important - Everybody needs to remember that as much as we like seeing progress at JTC, it is still an active construction site and NOBODY should be going into/onto any part of the construction site without proper authorization. It's very important to remember this as any legal or lawsuit issues could cause serious adverse problems for Iowa State and therefore the athletic programs.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
What do they do with the old sod? It might not be good for the field but I'd think it would be great in my yard. Or is it really that bad?

isuarch80

Sep 25, 2006
Dallas, TX
What do they do with the old sod? It might not be good for the field but I'd think it would be great in my yard. Or is it really that bad?

I'm sure it's tilled up somewhere else and left to compost... great fill in soil for somewhere else when needed.
I would've loved the midfield piece though - put that in my front yard to show all these Tx people some true fanhood! :wink:

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
That does just look a little weird. They just need to be sure they turned off the sprinklers or they are going to have an absolute mess on their hands one morning

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
I'm sure it's tilled up somewhere else and left to compost... great fill in soil for somewhere else when needed.
I would've loved the midfield piece though - put that in my front yard to show all these Tx people some true fanhood! :wink:

Longhorn fans would look at the logo and scratch their heads. Many would not even realize it is a Big 12 team. Outside of Texas A&M and Oklahoma, and at most the rest of the South, many of them have no idea the rest of the conference exists.

clonefromNE

SuperFanatic
Oct 27, 2006
Boston
Yeah on a tour of the sight the other day with Weitz, I took some pictures of them replacing the turf as well. The "stained dirt" was really surprising to me too.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron