New Jack Trice Article

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
I recently received an email from ESPN Sportsnation about their 30 for 30 movies. In the end they asked about ideas for future shows. I gave a quick overview of Jack Trice. Hopefully someday...

I would think the Jack Trice story would be perfect for a 30 for 30. I wonder if the AD has tried to promote this with ESPN?

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
A Jack Trice movie would be really cool if done right
Now nearly a century later, if what comes through about Jack from his letter and scattered remnants of images and accounts is anywhere near accurate, the man's essence is beyond what a movie could accurately capture. It is a story that should have never happened, but it is a legacy we must tell and I am open to his story being told to a wider movie audience.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
IIRC, part of the reason Trice stayed at another hotel was because of the presence of the Klan in the team's hotel for a Klan convention. It had more to do with safety than unwillingness for him to stay there under other circumstances.

Also, the Missouri AD was writing on behalf of the conference, not just himself or his school.

Here is the ultimate site for info about Jack Trice.

www.kagavi.com

• Informative
Reactions: StClone