New Indoor Kart Racing in Grimes

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
Not to be a Debbie Downer but these types of places don't make it very long. Better hurry.

Cyclonetrombone

Aug 25, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
Wait until they have a bunch of high school kids managing the track and kicking people out for driving to fast. I can understand tossing people who use these things like bumper cars, but if the cart isn't supposed to go faster than X mph there are ways to regulate that engine to prevent such speeds (and maybe put up a sign) because "keep control of vehicle" as a rule should not eliminate the capacity blow others away. They should require someone who can actually drive in the real world to supervise these races since they would be able to tell whether or not someone is in control of there vehicle. No crashes into walls, no bumping into others... under control in my book.

/rant

The first person who says "first world problems" after this post is banned from the internet.

theantiAIRBHG

May 25, 2011
Hiawatha, IA
funny-gifs-want.gif

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Wait until they have a bunch of high school kids managing the track and kicking people out for driving to fast. I can understand tossing people who use these things like bumper cars, but if the cart isn't supposed to go faster than X mph there are ways to regulate that engine to prevent such speeds (and maybe put up a sign) because "keep control of vehicle" as a rule should not eliminate the capacity blow others away. They should require someone who can actually drive in the real world to supervise these races since they would be able to tell whether or not someone is in control of there vehicle. No crashes into walls, no bumping into others... under control in my book.

/rant

The first person who says "first world problems" after this post is banned from the internet.
Developed country problems

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
45 MPH! Wondered why they were wearing helmets.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
The only downfall of Sadler's Indoor Racing down in Olathe is the exhaust fumes...this place would kick *** since there are no fumes.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Not to be a Debbie Downer but these types of places don't make it very long. Better hurry.

Have one near my place in KC that has been open since I moved here 7 years ago, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't anywhere new then. If done right, a place like this can make it.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa

/rant

Yeah, speed limits, no crashing into others or walls. Sounds like the streets of Des Moines. Sign me up! :jimlad: