New Cyclone Fan Here

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
giphy.gif

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I have decided to transfer over and support the Iowa State program. Me and my wife are planning to move to Iowa once I complete nursing school

So I take it your wife is originally from Iowa?

Kudos to you for going through nursing school - I keep hearing ads on the radio here in Des Moines looking for nurses and RNs. You're making a great career move by choosing Iowa, and you're making a great sports move by picking the Clones.

Good luck with school and have a Happy Thanksgiving

• Agree
Reactions: isu2014

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
We choose to be Cyclone fans, not because it is easy, but because it is hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone
And, damnit, one day Cyclone Athletics WILL GET TO THE MOON! Maybe even in this decade!

• Creative
Reactions: khardbored

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
Either this is the beginning of a well done slow play troll job by a hawkeye fan or you are truly a wise man that did your homework. Given our hawkeye brethren in Iowa do few things outside of waving well, I am going to assume you are the latter. Welcome, you chose wisely!

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
We welcome all Cyclone converts! I don't think that it's a dumb thing to move to Iowa to be closer to Cyclone football. Makes perfect sense to me. As long as you are going to move, I'd do it up big time. Check out Des Moines and suburbs, Ankeny, Altoona, or even Ames for a place to live. Lots of Cyclone fans and very active Cyclone fan clubs and activities.

Iowa is a great place to put down roots with good schools, and a stable growing economy, reasonable prices and friendly people. For a top-of-the-line fan tailgating experience get a tailgating RV. Nothing beats tailgating right next to the stadium from Friday through Sunday with a bunch of like-minded Cyclone fans.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Move to the Des Moines metro area. If you like Iowa State and our fans, this is the place to be. In the next 10 years Des Moines is going to be flooded with ISU fans and alum from the record enrollments/jobs/alumni in the area.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
I wonder if he knows we are somewhat passionate about Basketball and have had a bit of success?

But if he's a UK Football fan he's already familiar with sketchy success history.

Also a common thread. They beat LSU to keep them out of the Championship game in 2007 like we did to Okie State in 2011. But LSU got in anyway, with 2 losses, cuz SEC.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Welcome aboard, always great to get new fans. Be aware though, some on this board may not like you because you didn't actually go to ISU.

To all the people who disliked this one I posted, you realize the reference here, don't you? It's a constant theme on this board when discussing Hawkeye fans. "Hawkeye fans never actually went to school there." It's was a joke, but pretty true, based on some posters logic, so lighten up.

It's a huge pet peeve of mine on this board. There is nothing more we could hope for than to have a bunch of fans who never went to ISU.

• Agree

KYCycloneMan

Nov 20, 2017
To address some questions and concerns in one post:

-I chose ISU over some SEC schools because I don't want to have to cheer against UK on a regular basis. They will still be a team I hope the best for and still have family who love em, may even go to some tailgates on days I can't make it up to Iowa, but I am no longer investing in the program. So I am better off picking a nonSEC school.
For those interested, we picked ISU over Wisconsin(yeah only Big Ten team ever considered), Texas, OK State, NC State, Notre Dame, and TCU.

-I posted at 1:55am because, nursing school, but yes I love moonshine, didn't have any last night though. Probably needed it.

-I am used to terrible seasons and letdowns, so nothing will surprise me, but I think we have something going.

-Thanks for the kind words all, we are really excited and my hope is that ISU sneaks into the Camping World Bowl in Orlando. I would be there forsure.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
First, I like this guy. When I was at ISU I adopted Kentucky football as my second favorite team, as it was in the Tim Couch/Hal Mumme era. I also spent a week in Murray many years ago for work. People were awesome.

Tough to go wrong in the area, it just depends on what you're looking for. Lots of good options in the DM metro for a variety of ages and budgets. Good small towns in the area if you want that. I've done both but now am a 15/20 min walk to Hilton/JTS from my house so there is no going back.

Reactions: KYCycloneMan