New Bar - Sgt. Pepper's

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Anyone else find this part funny?

the former location of Campustown fixture Phuel Bar.

Doesn't something have to be around for say, five years to be a 'fixture'? Welch Ave Station is a fixture, Cy's is a fixture, Phuel...not so much...

thunderdave

POOTMFS
Apr 14, 2006
Because Peoples lost their spot on the corner of Lincoln and Welch ave for a bar that has yet to sell a drink. Papa Lou's has been in construction for at least 6 months now.
As the owner of the building, they have the right to renew or not renew a lease.
If you've ever worked for Tom Z. or dealt with him in a business sense, you'd realize the guy has some great business characteristics, however, he does many things that are not so great.
I like Tom, but I don't miss doing business with the guy.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
As the owner of the building, they have the right to renew or not renew a lease.
If you've ever worked for Tom Z. or dealt with him in a business sense, you'd realize the guy has some great business characteristics, however, he does many things that are not so great.
I like Tom, but I don't miss doing business with the guy.

Thats fine, its your business decision. I would just really like to know what's going on with Papa Lou's though. It was supposed to open sometime in October, and then January 1st. My question is, will it ever open?

thunderdave

POOTMFS
Apr 14, 2006
Thats fine, its your business decision. I would just really like to know what's going on with Papa Lou's though. It was supposed to open sometime in October, and then January 1st. My question is, will it ever open?
I agree, it seems like it's taking forever to get it open.

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
They've had signs up for a few weeks advertising that they are hiring for all positions (including management). To me, that means that they've finally gotten somewhere (as opposed to the 'nowhere' they were stuck at for a long time) but they're still not nearly as far along as they need to be. The construction definitely isn't finished yet, either. Perhaps this is a good CyBookie event for you gambling addicts? I'm not putting any credits on the line after the Drake @ Iowa attendance fiasco, but my bet is that Papa Lou's doesn't open until late March.

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville

It was originally going to open in July/beginning of August. However, they decided to drive heavy machinery inside the building, causing all kinds of structural, and floor damage, as well as breaking building codes. So, before they could open, they had to fix all of that, hence the wait.

ISUboi12

Apr 12, 2006
dsm
There has been talk of Phuel going away for some time. A couple of years ago they were having some trouble with serving minors. I liked the bar, but it was time for a change, I think alot of shady business took place in the establishment.

ia8manfan

Apr 12, 2006
Philadelphia
Dean's List -> Chasers -> Reign -> Outlaws

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's the correct order. Located on Chamberlain between Welch and Hayward.