New Arrowhead Stadium will be ready for Farmageddon

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
I've attended the Chargers-Chiefs game in '08 and '09 when they were in the middle of all of the renovation and construction. Anybody that attended the ISU-KSU game last year saw it. Made me not be all that impressed with the stadium. However, seeing it all finished now, that looks sweet.

I'm so glad they got rid of those ugly green walls around the field.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
I hope there security is just as laxed as it was last year for ksu-isu. I was worried about sneakin in beer, managed to get a few in, but if i would have known how pathetic of a pat down they gave us, I would have snuck in like 8 or 10. Never paying 8 dollars for a beer again.

hawkeyeh8r

Jun 10, 2010
Ames
I hope there security is just as laxed as it was last year for ksu-isu. I was worried about sneakin in beer, managed to get a few in, but if i would have known how pathetic of a pat down they gave us, I would have snuck in like 8 or 10. Never paying 8 dollars for a beer again.

just sneak flasks in...its much easier

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN

I'da never guessed you took beer in. You didn't look hammered at all. :jimlad: :wink:

minnclone99

Nov 22, 2006
Rompots
I heard they painted the endzones too.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMoxC4vb1eA]YouTube - Snickers Superbowl Commercial - KC Chefs[/ame]

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
I'll be there. To anyone on the fence about going: GO! KC is sooo much fun. P&L District kicks, arrowhead is cool, nice tailgating area, like other posters said just sneak some alcohol in cuz $7 beer i believe...and for like bud/miller too.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
I'da never guessed you took beer in. You didn't look hammered at all. :jimlad: :wink:

I barely remember the game... Although I about got into a "disagreement" with a K-state Sigma Nu... whoops

IF anyone heard the horn blowing while K-state's band was playing... that was me. :biggrin:

Can't blame him. I would imagine it would take a lot of alcohol to put up with you :biggrin:

Trust me I avoided him!

D

Deleted member 8507

I'll be there. To anyone on the fence about going: GO! KC is sooo much fun. P&L District kicks, arrowhead is cool, nice tailgating area, like other posters said just sneak some alcohol in cuz $7 beer i believe...and for like bud/miller too.

OK, I'm in. I am pumped. I haven't been to Arrowhead in over 25 years. It should be a great weekend for a family outing, complete with an ISU VICTORY celebration.