Nest Smart Thermostat - feedback?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by tplumm, Jan 29, 2017.

1. bos

bos Legend
    Staff Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Male
    Network and Server Admini
    Ratings:
    +2,198 / 29 / -0
    #21 bos, Feb 1, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2017

Mines the same. I think it takes a little while to compile all of the data. If it doesnt show up soon, Ill shoot an email off to support.

EDIT: Just looked in their help section and it mentions that it will show data the 2nd week of the following month (after a full month of data) So we should see januarys in a week or so.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Chipper

Chipper Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Ratings:
    +315 / 6 / -0
    No complaints from me.

I work from home so not sure how much automatic away savings I'm losing.

Easy setup. Auto-learning is nice. Just remember to check it around change of seasons. Might get close to your "safety" low like I did.

I like the reporting. It sends monthly report but I actually have zapier setup to track and log usage over time...

3. cydline2cydline

cydline2cydline Active Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Male
    Altoonaville
    Ratings:
    +220 / 3 / -0
    Got a deal on an Ecobee3 and 2-pack of sensors for about $190 total (plus will be filing for $25 MidAmerican rebate) and will be setting it up this weekend. Hopefully the install goes well.

• Like Like x 1
  4. somecyguy

somecyguy Active Member

Jun 19, 2006
    Ratings:
    +282 / 6 / -0
    I've had 2 Emerson Sensi thermostats for about a year now and I really like them. I'm sure others have similar technology, but it allows me to set a temp range within the schedule so in the spring or fall when temps are all over the place, it allows some variation without sticking to 1 number.

I connect to it most of the time from my phone and my wife when she's hot will use Alexa to turn on the A/C.