Nerlens

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
What if he says he's going to shock the world, so then we start thinking he's going to go somewhere besides Kentucky. But then he chooses Kentucky, which is shocking to us because we thought he was going to go somewhere else now. Boom.

C

CyBer

What if he says he's going to shock the world, so then we start thinking he's going to go somewhere besides Kentucky. But then he chooses Kentucky, which is shocking to us because we thought he was going to go somewhere else now. Boom.

Mind=Blown.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Honestly, Georgetown is not much of a shock.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
If he invites Gary Thompson and the ISU band and President, and then picks someone else can we be mad without everyone calling us butthurt?

Not derail this beauty of a thread about another kid we had zero chance with, but... Did Barnes really do that? I knew there were a lot of ISU fans and McDermott, but did he he really invite Thompson, Geoffrey and the Band? I don't have a big issue with inviting individuals, but to invite the Band is another level.

C

CyBer

Found this interesting:

Then there’s Kentucky.

Of course they’re coming off the national championship, but I’d look more at how I’d be able to fit in and how I’d be used there. I’d factor in what my role would be offensively, like Anthony Davis with a lot of lobs and catching it at the high post and things like that. Defensively, I think it’ll take care of itself.

So as you all can see, this thing won’t be easy. Of course, me and Shabazz (Muhammad) will be deciding at the same time and I talked to him about that at the Hoop Summit, but we didn’t talk about schools at all. We never have.

I read the story where all the players gave predictions on where me and Shabazz would go. That was pretty funny. Man, they were sleeping pretty hard on the other schools, but everyone’s entitled to his own opinion.

Well, I’ve definitely got some celebrating to do and some discussing to do with my family, so I’m gonna head out now, everyone. Definitely check out the decision (7:30 p.m. ET Wednesday on ESPNU) -- and again, I have 100 percent not made any decision yet because I really don’t know.

pyrocyz

Jun 2, 2006
Ames
On a video that I saw of Georges, He was joking with Nerlens that he should shave the schools logo into the back of his head. He thought a cyclone would look pretty cool back there.

C

CyBer

On a video that I saw of Georges, He was joking with Nerlens that he should shave the schools logo into the back of his head. He thought a cyclone would look pretty cool back there.

I see you have a baby in your avatar, I have one too.

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
Not derail this beauty of a thread about another kid we had zero chance with, but... Did Barnes really do that? I knew there were a lot of ISU fans and McDermott, but did he he really invite Thompson, Geoffrey and the Band? I don't have a big issue with inviting individuals, but to invite the Band is another level.

No idea. But yes, band is another level. From what ive read on here that is who was there. I would bet the little cyclone band (ames high) was there. Im sure someone has the video of the event. Still a barnes fan though. Hope he lives up to expectations in the nba.

I was more making the point of asking "when does it become a **** move?"

Help Support Us

Become a patron