Negativity is embarrassing

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
A lot of the threads lately have been rediculously negative. How does it help anything? Seriously, you guys act like the sun won't come up tomorrow if we lose. Yeah so we lost a couple bad games. It's a long season. These guys are doing their best for their school. Do you think Mac wakes up and says "boy I should lose this game so we can give the negative nancies out there something to talk about on message boards?"

Negativity has no room in ISU athletics. I was frustrated after our losses lately as well, but we have to stay positive for this team. Love or hate coach, he's our coach and whining and complaining as if we're smarter than him does nothing. Let's actaully prove we are the best fans in the country by sticking with coach and these players through the rough games.

EDIT: I'll clarify. A lot of my beef in this post is with those that act like little kids and name call other posters or say things with no reasoning. Nothing wrong with being frustrated or wanting a different coach, but how hard is it to say things like a mature adult?

Last edited:

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
I won't go quite as far as you on the positivity train but it does get pretty annoying when all the "experts" come out of the woodwork to rip on our team as we lose to a projected conference champion.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
I wouldn't mind if we could actually discuss where the team needs to improve or how frustrated we are, but what bugs me is the attacks on players and "we suck" statements.

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
want to know what else is embarrasing? BEING A DOORMAT TO OTHER TEAMS FOR 3 FREAKING YEARS

Reactions: 52ynnel

ISUonthemove

Jan 31, 2007
Altoona
You know what's really sad?

I can not think of ONE positive thing to say about our basketball team.

Horrible at defense.
Rebounding is embarrassing.
Shaq has a better FT %.
Offense has no rhythm.
Shot selection is as bad as I've ever seen.
Very soft.
No one even playing like an Honorable Mention All Big XII.
And worst of all, we don't even seem to show much heart or hustle.

Reactions: chriscyzer

DRCHIRO

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 13, 2008
I agree. But let's face it, we are weak physically but even worse, mentally. We are finding out how bad our first 5 or 6 opponents really were. I'm still not ready to throw in the towel, but we really need to find some leadership and fast! As far as coach Mac, he is such an x and o guy that he is so busy chalking it up rather than letting the guys react and just play. There is so much talent and depth, but no idenity with any facet of our team. Someone needs to step up (brackins) and start chewing some ***.

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
Sorry im allowed to be frustrated, im not the only one here, ive watched or listened to every single game since mcdermott was hired and its normally the same thing, just no intensity from mcdermott to his players, getting outplayed, we have the talent to compete with alot of teams, i dont understand why we cant..it gets old watching teams beat up on us that when we clearly have better talent and athleticism, maybe not Cal, but UNI/Northwestern? Mcdermott has had alot of embarrasing losses and unless he can find a way to get his players going, its going to be another 15-16 win season with no post season

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
You know what's really sad?

I can not think of ONE positive thing to say about our basketball team.

Horrible at defense.
Rebounding is embarrassing.
Shaq has a better FT %.
Offense has no rhythm.
Shot selection is as bad as I've ever seen.
Very soft.
No one even playing like an Honorable Mention All Big XII.
And worst of all, we don't even seem to show much heart or hustle.

Well said, We have alot of talent, but hey guys, Big XII basketball is tough, you need to step up or else you will get embarrased all season long, i cant wait to watch Duke and Texas and KU embarass us, crap if UNI can what is Texas/KU/etc. going to do?

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Why would you get embarrassed about fans venting on a Cyclone message board? There aren't probably more than 25 fans from other schools on here right now and 90% of them are hawk or husker fans, who act as bad or worse after a blowout loss.

I guess you would rather have an apathetic fan base that was fine with a once-good program, becoming a doormat of the conference.

This was supposed to be a good year for us and McD's best team. We finally have some talent and depth, but we're playing like we have scrubs.

If we suck this year, what is going to happen next season?

Last edited:

TedFlintKansas

Mar 5, 2009
thetailgatesociety.com
I understand ppl are upset, but it seems like the same people that get the most mad, seem to be the most happy when we win, Im going to start keeping track of who says what, and throw it back in their face when we start to win, if the Football team loses thier bowl game are we going to meltdown like we do after every BB lost, i mean we played a top 25 team on their own court after they had a bad loss. Grow up, stop ******** about the lack of HILTON MAGIC, the negative comments and not supporting the coach and the players is what killed the MAGIC, not the other way around HILTON MAGIC was all about supporting the team no matter their winning record, or did we forget that.

LETS GO STATE