Need a reason to stop watching WHO TV News (channel 13)?

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Who watches local news still? Independent of where you live.
This. Haven't watched local news for maybe 20 years. That goes for wherever I have lived. Don't miss it at all. Only reason it ever did have value was weather and now you get that much better online as well.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
So you're telling me I should continue to not watch Ch13, or any other local news broadcast? Done. Not too difficult since I'm not a geriatric.

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
This. Haven't watched local news for maybe 20 years. That goes for wherever I have lived. Don't miss it at all. Only reason it ever did have value was weather and now you get that much better online as well.
Honest question: how do you get local news then? For my part, here in the remote mountains of West Virginia, I'm so close to the political scene which impacts my daily life. If I ignored local news and reserved response, I'd be guilty of bad local government. Maybe in more populated areas the feeling of little impact makes it easier to ignore local news. That said, I cared very little about local news growing up in Chicago, living in L.A., living in San Francisco and living in Minneapolis. But, here it's essential to my well being.

Reactions: NWICY

NebraskaCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 3, 2009
Omaha
If he had no affiliation to KU then you possibly could take issue, but he actually graduated from the university. So he takes pride in his school. I would expect nothing less and would welcome the friendly banter between the fan bases.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Honest question: how do you get local news then? For my part, here in the remote mountains of West Virginia, I'm so close to the political scene which impacts my daily life. If I ignored local news and reserved response, I'd be guilty of bad local government. Maybe in more populated areas the feeling of little impact makes it easier to ignore local news. That said, I cared very little about local news growing up in Chicago, living in L.A., living in San Francisco and living in Minneapolis. But, here it's essential to my well being.
Well, first I would challenge the premise that you are getting accurate or useful news when you watch local. My issue with it wasn't so much being slanted or inaccurate but they would cram 1 minute of useful news into a 30 min broadcast.

Not sure of your situation but I have found good online resources even for local - usually NOT newspapers. Radio stations and their online sites are decent. BUt mostly, I try to attend community meetings - planning/zoning commission, school board, etc. Get the news first hand that matters to our daily life.

Reactions: Cloneon

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
This dude may have a more punchable face than John Sears

giphy.gif

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
They run a lot of ads for themselves during Jeopardy. Their news people look pretty weird.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
Zach Fisher, who anchors their Saturday morning news said at the end of this morning's newscast "To all you Cyclone fans out there, rock chalk jay hawk". I had to rewind and play it back again because I thought I must have misunderstood what he said.

Then I googled him and found this in his bio on WHO's website:

"I went to the University of Kansas, Rock Chalk, but I am a Hawkeye fan at heart. So I have two different angles of dislike for the Cyclones."
View attachment 109250
Punchable face. WHO has a long tradition of hiring Hok fans going way back to Jim Zabel. F*** this clown.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron