Need a reason to stop watching WHO TV News (channel 13)?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Zach Fisher, who anchors their Saturday morning news said at the end of this morning's newscast "To all you Cyclone fans out there, rock chalk jay hawk". I had to rewind and play it back again because I thought I must have misunderstood what he said.

Then I googled him and found this in his bio on WHO's website:

"I went to the University of Kansas, Rock Chalk, but I am a Hawkeye fan at heart. So I have two different angles of dislike for the Cyclones."
1675528858649.png

cyfanbr

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2013
IL
Zach Fisher, who anchors their Saturday morning news said at the end of this morning's newscast "To all you Cyclone fans out there, rock chalk jay hawk". I had to rewind and play it back again because I thought I must have misunderstood what he said.

"I went to the University of Kansas, Rock Chalk, but I am a Hawkeye fan at heart. So I have two different angles of dislike for the Cyclones."
View attachment 109250
Who watches local news still? Independent of where you live.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver

View attachment 109250
Yeah that's unacceptable on local news. But, its 2023 who really watches the crap anymore outside of people 70 and up?

There is a weird faction of people who root for Kansas basketball and Hawkeye football.

This is kind of like being Russian AND North Korean.

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010

View attachment 109250
Honestly, thats pretty freaking stupid that a) he would have the balls to post that and b) that the station would be that dumb to let it fly. Nothing like pi**ing off half your audience.

shadow

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Central Iowa
We should do a poll on who watches the local news. Have to think it's an older demographic.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
(robert.totsch@who13.com ; bill.pierson@who13.com)
Hi Robert and Bill,

Good morning, I hope you are well.

Many of the Cyclone fans that are in touch with your Saturday sports team are disappointed that Zach Fisher actively takes a dig at Iowa State fans live on air and announces his support for Kansas. (who's also a hawkeye by the way)

Knowing some local Cyclone business owners who advertise in Des Moines on tv mediums, why would staff on your team try to alienate half the sports fans in Des Moines? Vocalizing support for an out of state school over an IN state school on live air seems like poor business.

Thank you

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Never have, Zabel was there when I was a kid.

Would think John Sears and Andy Fales would have driven you away already.

• Winner
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

GoodyISU1

Jul 15, 2014
I watch the local news (channel 13) but I've never seen this guy before. Probably cause I watch the evenings. There's quite a few Cyclones on their staff, but Sears is awful

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
We should do a poll on who watches the local news. Have to think it's an older demographic.
I’m ancient. I only put on local news really early in the morning if I am getting ready and want the weather without picking up a phone. So occasional early morning KCCI.