Need a reason to stop watching WHO TV News (channel 13)?

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
I never watch that Hawkeye loving station. Keith Murphy is a die hard hok, Fales is a dipstick, Sears called us Cyclowns and now this douche? 8 and 5 are better!
Its very unprofessional for news outlets anchors to act this way, regardless of the teams or market they are in. They are paid to report the news.... not editorialize it.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Zach Fisher, who anchors their Saturday morning news said at the end of this morning's newscast "To all you Cyclone fans out there, rock chalk jay hawk". I had to rewind and play it back again because I thought I must have misunderstood what he said.

Then I googled him and found this in his bio on WHO's website:

"I went to the University of Kansas, Rock Chalk, but I am a Hawkeye fan at heart. So I have two different angles of dislike for the Cyclones."
View attachment 109250

Sounds like he should fit right in with the other *ssholes that work there.

• Agree
Reactions: 67CY and isufbcurt

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I am replying to you, but you are one of many who have this sentiment.

A Channel 13 reporter who would say on the air "Go Big Red" before an Iowa-Nebraska game would be stuck covering cat shows and pulling weekend duty the rest of their short-lived career.

That's the difference.
This is a pretty good point, honestly.

CyNews

Mar 19, 2021
The hell he did
Broadcast their games separately at times. Had a radio show during the day where he had some fun with all. Reported on all. Cordial to talk to in person. Lived through it.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Broadcast their games separately at times. Had a radio show during the day where he had some fun with all. Reported on all. Cordial to talk to in person. Lived through it.
I lived through it as well. He (and his WHO employer) covered ISU only when Iowa wasn't playing. That's where the whole little brother syndrome began for many fans.

Reactions: Remo Gaggi

tplumm

Mar 3, 2010
Ankeny
Reading some of the posts in this thread reminds me how much I enjoy those who can’t help themselves from taking digs at the habits/tendencies of the older demographic. There is a reason the Dr. Rick/Progressive commercials are so funny, it’s because they are true. Those of you taking cracks, rememberthat with every passing day, you are another day closer to becoming your parents…it’s inevitable.

CyNews

Mar 19, 2021
I lived through it as well. He (and his WHO employer) covered ISU only when Iowa wasn't playing. That's where the whole little brother syndrome began for many fans.
Drake figured prominently as well. Jim was a respectful guy. Also had a lot of interests. Enjoyed him a lot.

Reactions: stateofmind

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
And is married to a Cyclone. And Fales is a very intelligent person. The people that think Murph and Andy are a fan or biased to either school are unstable.
I've listened to the Murph and Andy show a lot. I get people being annoyed with Fales at times. He has been pretty condescending towards ISU at times in the past. He's a Drake grad, so his loyalties lie there, but his wife is an Iowa grad and from some of the things he's said in the past I think he definitely leans in Iowa's direction. Still I don't think he has any kind of agenda against ISU.

Murph I don't get at all. I feel like in general he is pretty positive towards all the schools. He's definitely given the U of I, and Ferentz in particular, a pass on certain things, but he is pretty generous to all of the schools in the state.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
I've listened to the Murph and Andy show a lot. I get people being annoyed with Fales at times. He has been pretty condescending towards ISU at times in the past. He's a Drake grad, so his loyalties lie there, but his wife is an Iowa grad and from some of the things he's said in the past I think he definitely leans in Iowa's direction. Still I don't think he has any kind of agenda against ISU.

Murph I don't get at all. I feel like in general he is pretty positive towards all the schools. He's definitely given the U of I, and Ferentz in particular, a pass on certain things, but he is pretty generous to all of the schools in the state.
I hung out with Andy at a neighbor's party back when Nebraska was in the championship game against Texas, I think kNU's last year? Anyway I didn't think he favored anyone. He's a sports junkie. Maybe he's different now. I don't listen to M&A much anymore because of work and never watch sound off since Sears stepped in. So my info is very dated.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
I thought I heard last week that they were stopping Today in Iowa Sunday so there is no reason to watch anymore

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
Yeah So did I and that is why I disagree with you 100%.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron