Nebraska should just file for a divorce from the Big 10.....

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Hahahaha! The writer of this article goes far enough to suggest Maryland and Rutgers have more value to the B1G than Nubs. While I do think it’s kinda crappy they don’t have any options to play (it’s not their fault there is absolutely no wiggle room in the Big10 or that the game against Wisky isn’t happening, plus they were one of 3 schools pushing the league to move faster than it did), I can’t help but laugh at the entirety of how this is all “working” for them. **** em.
That wouldn't surprise me. I hate having Rutgers and Maryland in the Big 10, but they were added just for the media markets, and their media markets blow the entire state of Nebraska out of the water.

Plus, it's not like Nebraska is some powerhouse who is bringing the Big 10 Rosebowl wins or National Championships. Nebraska's most likely 5th in the Big 10 west, not just the Big 10.

One other fun fact: before the game was cancelled, Wisconsin was down to our 4th string quarterback. We were still a 1 point favorite

Reactions: Peter

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
That wouldn't surprise me. I hate having Rutgers and Maryland in the Big 10, but they were added just for the media markets, and their media markets blow the entire state of Nebraska out of the water.

Plus, it's not like Nebraska is some powerhouse who is bringing the Big 10 Rosebowl wins or National Championships. Nebraska's most likely 5th in the Big 10 west, not just the Big 10.

One other fun fact: before the game was cancelled, Wisconsin was down to our 4th string quarterback. We were still a 1 point favorite

Rutgers is kind of a joke and should be in the American. They are in the Big Ten for their footprint in the NYC media market -- that's it.

Maryland was a pretty solid add, though. Excellent school on the academics, good basketball program, and occasional football success.

Notre Dame is their holy grail, but as long as that one was off the table, they should have went for something more like Maryland, Missouri, and North Carolina. Good to excellent academic schools that each bring something new, have success in FB and BB, and expand their footprint more than Nebraska would.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA

I don’t disagree. It’s hilarious.

Reactions: WooBadger18

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I'd laugh if Ohio State got hit with positive test (but don't get sick, I'm not an *******) and they all have to sit for 21 days and lose out on three games. Big 10 only came back to rig the schedule so OSU can sweep and not miss whatever champ thing might happen this year. And peeps here complain about Texas. :rolleyes:

Chances are this whole football house of cards falls apart with one or more playoff teams getting hit by Covid. Not begrudging them trying, just saying it's no sure thingie.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Rutgers is kind of a joke and should be in the American. They are in the Big Ten for their footprint in the NYC media market -- that's it.

Maryland was a pretty solid add, though. Excellent school on the academics, good basketball program, and occasional football success.

Notre Dame is their holy grail, but as long as that one was off the table, they should have went for something more like Maryland, Missouri, and North Carolina. Good to excellent academic schools that each bring something new, have success in FB and BB, and expand their footprint more than Nebraska would.
I mean, I don’t want them in the american, I’d just like them in a Northern East coast power with Penn State. My wish (though it’ll never happen) is dropping penn state, Nebraska, Rutgers and Maryland. 10 team conferences are great and it would be fun.

That or have ISU join the big 10

Reactions: LincolnSwinger

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I mean, I don’t want them in the american, I’d just like them in a Northern East coast power with Penn State. My wish (though it’ll never happen) is dropping penn state, Nebraska, Rutgers and Maryland. 10 team conferences are great and it would be fun.

That or have ISU join the big 10

Something like this for football...

Army
BC
Maryland
Navy
Penn State
Pitt
Rutgers
Syracuse
Temple
West Virginia

...would have been a lot of fun.

Alas, we do not like in a rational world when it comes to conferences.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Nebraska is a perfect fit in the B1G...lots of big ego teams there with a huge sense of entitlement. Always thought TOE and Nebraska fans have a lot in common. Throw in Michigan, Penn State and Ohio State. Can't think a better place for Nebraska to be.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Meanwhile, the ENTIRE Big 12...

e25fd607956c7a7ab10d555dea389ac8.gif

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
It does seem like an off season thread but most people enjoy watching a former rival make a national fool out of themselves in epic fashion.

Off season never goes away now because the seasons themselves have such a bizarre look to them.

• Agree
Reactions: JM4CY

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron