Nebraska is the happiest state

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
If Nebraska is first, Iowa second and South Dakota eighth, does that make Sioux City the happiest city in the nation?

My dad called and asked me that, I had to laugh. SUX representing.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I think a big part of this is just midwestern common sense. I think you see less foreclosures in the midwest because more people buy homes that they're sure they can afford, and even w/a downturn in the economy, they can still make their payments...

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
If Nebraska is first, Iowa second and South Dakota eighth, does that make Sioux City the happiest city in the nation?

My dad called and asked me that, I had to laugh. SUX representing.

I hate sioux city. go sioux falls
i grew up in nw iowa right between both of them

HOTDON

Mar 24, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
Wait, it's because no matter where they move away to, it HAS to be better :jimlad:

In all seriousness though, things are affordable and there's plenty of space for everyone around here. Not sure I could handle the coasts.

HOTDON

Mar 24, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
I hate sioux city. go sioux falls
i grew up in nw iowa right between both of them

Falls is the better Sioux for sure. A lot of fond memories in Sioux City, but Sioux Falls is a better place to live.

I grew up in Spirit Lake, so we had to drive to one of them to do any reasonable amount of shopping.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Falls is the better Sioux for sure. A lot of fond memories in Sioux City, but Sioux Falls is a better place to live.

I grew up in Spirit Lake, so we had to drive to one of them to do any reasonable amount of shopping.

ya same with me I grew up in sheldon
so you could pick either place both an hour away

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
The only reason for Nebraska winning is because their Football team is on the come back. 2 years ago it would have been the saddest state.