Nebraska gives Scott Frost much deserved extension to only fire him.

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
To be fair to this guy, it's sort of his schtick. This is very inline with his other videos when they lose. It's not like this was a dam breaking moment. He's always like this when they lose.

I still enjoy it though.

I heard about it on the morning rush and the way they told it made it seem like a dam making moment. Should of known better than to trust that show's words.

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Nebraska's days of signing 4 & 5 star classes are long gone. The days of signing local kids and putting them on a weight program and chemically enhancing their development are past. Every elite school has a great weigh room.

Unless Nebraska hires the next Pat Fitzgerald, Kirk Ferentz, Bill Snyder or Matt Campbell- their glory days are behind them. Their best hope is hiring a Coach who can sign 3 star guys and develop them.

That said, the Huskers should give Frost 1 more year. They have been very close to beating MSU, Michigan and Minnesota. Another year in his system and add a few grad transfers and maybe he can get them to an 8-4 type season in 2022. I do think he needs to move on from Martinez.

IMO if the Huskers fire Frost, they are starting over on a 2-3 year rebuild. I don't think Nebraska will be a consistent 10-2 type program in the future. The best they can hope for is consistent 8-4 type years. Just not enough HS talent in Nebraska and they have lost their Texas connection by moving to Big10.

But Martinez is a 7 year vet at this point....

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
What's not to get? They are in a border state. We played them for many years. Their fans have a massive superiority complex. And they've fallen on hard times.

That's a classic schadenfreude situation there. It's not complicated.
In addition to you've said, I think the other thing about Nebraska is their victim complex. Because to hear them tell it, they were a victim in the Big 12, it was all Texas' fault, and they had no choice but to leave. But that ignores the fact that Nebraska was completely fine/agreed with Texas as long as they thought it was Texas, OU, Nebraska, and the little 9. When they realized it was Texas, OU and the little 10, they bailed.

Basically, it will be like if Texas and OU go to the SEC and completely fail.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
But Martinez is a 7 year vet at this point....

Yea he seems to have been there forever. In most cases that experience is a good thing, but I don't think the Huskers would be well served for him to come back for a Super Senior Year.

He could probably use a change of scenery as well.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
SIAP but this guy's post game videos are fantastic when the Huskers lose

Oh. My. God. I just watched this. That might be the funniest thing of the whole football season.

“Martinez…. Are we in an abusive relationship? Yeah he’s really mean and nasty and he f*cks things up, but the sex is really great when we get it”

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Nebraska's days of signing 4 & 5 star classes are long gone. The days of signing local kids and putting them on a weight program and chemically enhancing their development are past. Every elite school has a great weigh room.

Unless Nebraska hires the next Pat Fitzgerald, Kirk Ferentz, Bill Snyder or Matt Campbell- their glory days are behind them. Their best hope is hiring a Coach who can sign 3 star guys and develop them.

That said, the Huskers should give Frost 1 more year. They have been very close to beating MSU, Michigan and Minnesota. Another year in his system and add a few grad transfers and maybe he can get them to an 8-4 type season in 2022. I do think he needs to move on from Martinez.

IMO if the Huskers fire Frost, they are starting over on a 2-3 year rebuild. I don't think Nebraska will be a consistent 10-2 type program in the future. The best they can hope for is consistent 8-4 type years. Just not enough HS talent in Nebraska and they have lost their Texas connection by moving to Big10.
Recruiting hadn’t fallen off at all until their 2022 class. They’ve moved to one of the two worst power conference divisions every year, maintained recruiting at or above Pelini levels. Frost just sucks. Their recruiting problems are finally happening in their ‘22 class because Frost sucks. It’s nothing to do with their conference or Texas connections. They have somehow remained a national recruiter.
But that seems to finally be catching up to them. For comparison their top recruit in ‘22 would be ISUs 8th best recruit.

• Informative
Reactions: LincolnSwinger

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Recruiting hadn’t fallen off at all until their 2022 class. They’ve moved to one of the two worst power conference divisions every year, maintained recruiting at or above Pelini levels. Frost just sucks. Their recruiting problems are finally happening in their ‘22 class because Frost sucks. It’s nothing to do with their conference or Texas connections. They have somehow remained a national recruiter.
But that seems to finally be catching up to them. For comparison their top recruit in ‘22 would be ISUs 8th best recruit.
Interesting to see if this becomes a long-term trend. Most of "blue blood" football teams retain their recruiting edge if they start winning. Most of Nebby's 4-star recruits don't last more than 1-2 years before transferring because Frost stinks. Now, they aren't even getting the 4 stars. Earlier this week the media was crowing over the fact that Frost got one of the local athletes to decommit from Kansas State...they made it sound like Nebby had just pulled one from Alabama.

Oh my, how the mighty have fallen.

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
Oh. My. God. I just watched this. That might be the funniest thing of the whole football season.

“Martinez…. Are we in an abusive relationship? Yeah he’s really mean and nasty and he f*cks things up, but the sex is really great when we get it”
That guy (Corn Nation) is hilarious. Worth watching after every Husker loss. The pain in his voice as he contemplates their downfall is almost hard to listen to. To be fair, it would suck to have to live through this era after all the higher highs he and other Corn fans his age enjoyed.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
1. The NU video guy is indeed great. I saw an earlier vid from him, maybe after they lost Illinois, and it was great. I think the line there was, "if Frost can't do it, what's next? is there anything else left to try?"

2. Nebby is actually not that bad. If you look at their stats they are good on offense and meh on defense. Turnovers, penalties, mistakes is a bigger problem. And if you look at their losses, at OU, at MSU, UM at home - all close losses to very good teams. Even at Minny isn't a terrible loss, really, Minny is average and at home. I would probably compare them to Kansas St I guess.

Guess my point is that if Nebby played a clean game they are a slightly above average team. Certainly they won't beat OSU, but would not be shocked at all if they won 2 of Purdont, Iowa, and at Wisky.

• Dumb
Reactions: Lineup

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I do look for them to upset Iowa!!

They will probably be home dogs, and they are probably better than Iowa - unless they eff up special teams or Martinex turns it over. Which of course is probably exactly what will happen.

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
Schadenfreude is a powerful drug, but when the “others” suffering is Neb, it’s G D fentanyl.
When Nebraska loses....
giphy.gif

Reactions: Cyclonick182