Nebraska gives Scott Frost much deserved extension to only fire him.

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
Word from Lincoln in is Frost was picked up for reckless driving on Wed - could have been OWI

• Funny
Reactions: Cyched

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006
An article on their game this weekend with OU, with a focus on series history:

A snippet:
… The lowly Huskers did shock Bud Wilkinson’s Sooners in 1959, ending Oklahoma’s 13-year, 74-game conference winning streak. It’s still one of the biggest upsets in Husker football history. …

There is nothing that says NU is bound to revert to past glory. They had a decent prior W-L record when they won the national title in the 1970(71) season, I believe, but that was a new height. I was young but remember seeing the Orange Bowl that year (New Years Eve, or Jan. 1). It appeared that night that things might fall into place such that NU would be voted number 1, which turned out to be the case. It was unusual then, though, and not the norm.

The next season, it was like they were UCLA basketball, major league hype — and the game of the century against number 2 OU Thanksgiving afternoon — close and in doubt the entire game and one in which Johnny Rodgers, always a deep threat, returned a punt for a TD.

Nebraska, Oklahoma, and Colorado finished that season 1-2-3 in the polls. I think the Big 8 regularly had 4 or 5 teams in the top 20 (this was before they were doing top 25).

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Last 2 possessions in the red zone = zero pts.
These offenses are just so bad. Don’t give me the good defense crap either, this is just horrible offense.
I stupidly put money on Rutgers too, so watching that game and this one, makes me want to tear my eyes out haha

Lineup

Jan 7, 2017
can't fire him out of money paying three coaches now

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron