Nebraska gives Scott Frost much deserved extension to only fire him.

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Yes, I bet one month after the extension, they'll fire him.

It's Nebraska.

The only way that Scott Frost gets fired is if Ronnie Green gets replaced...Both Green and AD Bill Moos are in agreement...to let Scott Frost take as long as he needs to turn this mess around...and Frost will do it but and the big but is...can they compete with Michigan...Ohio St and Penn State in the little 14......Joining the B1G was the biggest mistake in the history of Big Red Football.....gotta love it dont ya....

Last edited:

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
I actually kind of like this move if you still think he’s your guy. They’ve built quite the reputation for firing guys fast, or when they’ve been successful. They need to let recruits know they’re still behind him.

I agree Bigman 38....it also assures the recruits that Frost will be their coach for their five years in Lincoln....at ISU we all know that rebuilding is a real B***H......we have had more rebuilding efforts than anyone in the Conference.....The Big Red fans are not enjoying losing every week and some that I am related to want Scott Frost ...FIRED YESTERDAY...

• Winner
Reactions: Dirt Boy 2

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Morningside College

They're the reigning NAIA national champions so they have no use for Frost, who has only a fake UCF national title to his name.

Look at the bright side, Nebraska fans: perhaps you're unhappy with this extension but at least your athletic administration leveled with you and told you it was happening, unlike your fake rivals in Iowa City.

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
The only way that Scott Frost gets fired is if Ronnie Green gets replaced...Both Green and AD Bill Moos are in agreement...to let Scott Frost take as long as he needs to turn this mess around...and Frost will do it but and the big but is...can they compete with Michigan...Ohio St and Penn State in the little 14......Joining the B1G was the biggest mistake in the history of Big Red Football.....gotta love it dont ya....

Don't agree Frost will turn things around. The team looks terrible and poorly coached. Even if teams aren't winning, successful rebuilds almost always show progress by year 2. Nebraska looks worse than last year even.

amishclone

Feb 23, 2014
Nebraska football has never been the same since Lee Child's Jack Reacher novel "Worth Dying For" absolutely destroyed them. Just visualize Jack Reacher making pudgy ex-cornhuskers' knees bend the opposite way our Creator designed them to and you'll get the image. He's not a fan.
To be fair, his portrayal of the midwest as a place where you have to drive 8 hrs to Oklahoma City just to find cell service or a motel is pretty ludicrous

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
To be fair, his portrayal of the midwest as a place where you have to drive 8 hrs to Oklahoma City just to find cell service or a motel is pretty ludicrous

I agree...some of these novels were started in the late 1990's...and in many ways you can tell Lee Child is still living in the 1990's. No way someone like his characters could exist post-9-11-2001. Another flaw is his neglect of cold weather on someone who is supposedly hitching and running around without gloves or a hat. He seems to be generally derogatory toward rural areas in general it seems....he is an urban british dude living in NYC, so I kind of know that is the source I guess. The cliche's of hicks do come easily in his writing. I haven't read everyone yet.

• Agree
Reactions: amishclone

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Don't agree Frost will turn things around. The team looks terrible and poorly coached. Even if teams aren't winning, successful rebuilds almost always show progress by year 2. Nebraska looks worse than last year even.
Yeah I agree with this. Towards the end of last year they went from awful to a tick below mediocre.
They should have lost @ IL and they barely beat hapless NW @ home. Those are the bright spots this year. Yikes.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
They're the reigning NAIA national champions so they have no use for Frost, who has only a fake UCF national title to his name.

Look at the bright side, Nebraska fans: perhaps you're unhappy with this extension but at least your athletic administration leveled with you and told you it was happening, unlike your fake rivals in Iowa City.
And ranked #1 this season too...Morningside, that is. Nebby isn't going to sniff #1 again unless it is a team that they are playing in the BIG regular season.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I honestly think that Frost could turn things around, sort of, if they give him time. He may want to look for a new DC, and maybe do a couple more tweeks to his coaching staff, especially the line coaching. Man we are talking about winning games in the Big 10 west here. Although, to be honest, the B10W is actually much better than it has been, which will not help him. MN and IL are good teams but NW has fallen off the face of the earth. He will still be able to recruit well for at least a couple years. If he can get the lines improved the other things will fall into place.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I honestly think that Frost could turn things around, sort of, if they give him time. He may want to look for a new DC, and maybe do a couple more tweeks to his coaching staff, especially the line coaching. Man we are talking about winning games in the Big 10 west here. Although, to be honest, the B10W is actually much better than it has been, which will not help him. MN and IL are good teams but NW has fallen off the face of the earth. He will still be able to recruit well for at least a couple years. If he can get the lines improved the other things will fall into place.

Defense isn't as big of a deal in the B1G as their fanbases like to make it seem.

Lots of yards given up by those teams when they play teams that don't just go off tackle all day (and some gave up lots of yards on the ground too) and the scores were very similar to the Big 12 scores.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
CPR followed a coach that was 3-9 and 2-10 and went 6-6, 5-7, 6-6, 6-6 his first 4 years.

Frost followed a coach that was 6-6, 9-3, 4-8 and has gone 4-8 and likely 4-8 or 5-7 in his first two years.

As bad as they look it's hard to believe they even have 4 wins. Although they looked a little more organized yesterday.....yardage wise put up some numbers.

I'd guess he'll get them bowl eligible next season.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Screenshot-20201121-142614-Chrome.jpg

• Haha
  • Funny
Reactions: aauummm and JM4CY

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
Nebraska is Iowa State of the late 80's early 90's. Kansas a few weeks ago reminded me of many CPR teams. A few good young players but no depth and lacking in overall talent.