Nebraska gives Scott Frost much deserved extension to only fire him.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
For being an *******, it seemed like his players generally liked playing for him. I remember a lot of their players tweeting how upset they were when he was let go
I think Mangino at KU was probably like that.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Nebraska is a worse job than ISU right now

Vqqm.gif

Reactions: JP4CY

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
Agreed. That game is always the weirdest thing in the world to watch. There’s been years I’ve tried, with sound reason, to root for Iowa but I just can’t do it. My head tries but heart won’t let me. I get the whole, “but they are from Iowa and support your state” blah blah blah. Nope. And if you’re telling me that you’re probably a tavernhawk. But the other side of the game is just, well, f*cking gross. Both fan bases are just so pompous and egotistical that every year I find myself hoping for some refereeing snafu that allows both fan bases to be all pissed off at one another like twin toddlers in a fight because one of them put a booger in the others bowl of rice crispies

I went to Lincoln a few years ago for their game with Iowa. I was offered some tickets and a parking pass for free so I figured what the hell. My dad got them in a raffle or something and couldn't go. I found myself laughing a lot at how pitiful both teams were playing. Had some people around my ask what my deal was as I wasn't cheering for either team. I told them my situation and they understood.

Considering how big of a rivalry these schools claim it to be, I was moderately surprised that about 10% of the student section was empty. Yes it was the day after Thanksgiving, but this is Nebraska's biggest rival in the Big 10, it should be 100% full no matter when the game is played.

• Optimistic
Reactions: CyBobby

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I went to Lincoln a few years ago for their game with Iowa. I was offered some tickets and a parking pass for free so I figured what the hell. My dad got them in a raffle or something and couldn't go. I found myself laughing a lot at how pitiful both teams were playing. Had some people around my ask what my deal was as I wasn't cheering for either team. I told them my situation and they understood.

Considering how big of a rivalry these schools claim it to be, I was moderately surprised that about 10% of the student section was empty. Yes it was the day after Thanksgiving, but this is Nebraska's biggest rival in the Big 10, it should be 100% full no matter when the game is played.
If I’m not mistaken, they consider Wisconsin more of a rival than Iowa. They are like most that consider Iowa basically an annoyance

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
If I’m not mistaken, they consider Wisconsin more of a rival than Iowa. They are like most that consider Iowa basically an annoyance
They are such a pissant little fan base that is too good to call anyone a rival except for some blue blood like Ohio st who they have no business even being on the same playing field with.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Considering how big of a rivalry these schools claim it to be, I was moderately surprised that about 10% of the student section was empty.

And yet their sellout streak is still intact!!! I think they are even counting this year's games as sellouts. What a joke!

• Funny
Reactions: Lineup

20eyes

May 15, 2020
It's a rivalry only in the sense that they are in close proximity. It would be like saying Illinois is our rival if we played them a couple years even though there is no history to say so.
Growing up in NW Iowa in the '80's as a Hawkeyes fan I can tell you it's a rivalry...in the sense that NU fans chirped about how great they were and Iowa not having a chance to prove otherwise except in '81 when Iowa DID beat NU in Iowa City.

Imo, the rivalry is real. Iowa is about to make it six straight against NU. NU fans care a lot about that as do Iowa fans...at least here on the west coast.

Reactions: khardbored

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

There is almost nothing sadder in sports than a forced "rivalry."

Reactions: pulse

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Nebraska won't recognize Iowa as a rival even though they are.

I grew up in Sioux City when ISU was way down and hardly any ISU fans unlike now where the town is an even three way split, back then it was half hawkeyes and half weird Iowan Nebraska fans.

To me growing up an Iowa fan in the 80s and early 90s I never thought of Minnesota, ISU or Wisconsin as a real rival to Iowa, I just hated Nebraska even though they never played each other.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron