Nebraska gives Scott Frost much deserved extension to only fire him.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Just dropping in to see if this thread still makes me as happy as it did on day one. It doesn't, it's so much better. The Nebraska spiral is like a fine wine that keeps getting better with age.
jim-halpert-smile.gif

Reactions: aeroclone

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
If Nebraska has a lot of starters leaving, it could open spots for transfers from other programs to get more playing time. That is really the only thing Nebraska can offer to transfers.

Playing time and the chance to be Frost's wingman at the bars on campus. He'll teach you a thing or two. Really, learning how to pick up college girls at the bar is something that will serve you well for decades to come, just look at where it's gotten him.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE

KSU bound...girlfriend that my daughter went to school with is down there on a soccer scholly.

Also saw they are close on getting the current LSU wide receiver coach. Not sure why they would hire any position coach before they have an OC signed, but whatever...seems to be the Nebby way (chaos) at the current time.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Chubba Purdy to Nebby? Pitt OC resigned position this morning, was recruiting Purdy to attend Pitt and did interview for the open Nebby OC position. Was at Purdy's house last night...

Well, that would be interesting...

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
KSU bound...girlfriend that my daughter went to school with is down there on a soccer scholly.

Also saw they are close on getting the current LSU wide receiver coach. Not sure why they would hire any position coach before they have an OC signed, but whatever...seems to be the Nebby way (chaos) at the current time.

Please please let him go to KSU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Interesting. What would be the selling pitch on bringing him to Lincoln other than money? I know Nebraska has a more favorable schedule in the coming seasons but why would he take that job when it seems as though the HC is close to being fired?
Money and maybe he didn't get along with Narduzzi at Pitt? Only things I can think of. Pitt losing Pickett too so maybe he knows there are struggles to come there?

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Interesting. What would be the selling pitch on bringing him to Lincoln other than money? I know Nebraska has a more favorable schedule in the coming seasons but why would he take that job when it seems as though the HC is close to being fired?
The negotiation process started with Whipple first thing Tuesday which later led to his resignation with the Panthers. At Pitt, Whipple made just under $500,000 in 2021. Expect Nebraska to come close to doubling the number he made with the Panthers.
At double the pay I assume he is willing to take the chance. With the easier schedule and the Huskers go to a bowl game Frost will stay and Whipple will be able to keep collecting those big checks

Reactions: cyfanatic

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Plus he's 64

Reactions: cyfanatic

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
At double the pay I assume he is willing to take the chance. With the easier schedule and the Huskers go to a bowl game Frost will stay and Whipple will be able to keep collecting those big checks

No to mention, if they get back to a bowl, this staff will be treated like gods (until the next sign of adversity)

Reactions: SCcyclone12

ISpyCy

Sep 17, 2011
Harlan, IA/Lincoln, NE
Nebby is becoming nothing more than a "Good ol' boys" program with Fred being the outsider. What better way to bring back the Glory Days than to hire and retain everyone from it?

Reactions: simply1

Help Support Us

Become a patron