Nebraska gives Scott Frost much deserved extension to only fire him.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I liked it a lot, however I’m a Bulls fan and watched them religiously during the MJ years. With that said, Jordan is an @rse but entertaining in that documentary. You’ll get better context of the Jordan laughing meme, the “I took it personally” meme, and the heights he took both his competitiveness and pettiness onto others.

My main complaint is that it skipped around all over the place in a less chronological order.

Pretty sure that's due to a rushed viewing due to Covid and ESPN needing SOMETHING interesting to show.

I've been revisiting some of the 'personal' stories too and it's funny, but the stories of people setting him off by talking **** are real.

The Isiah Rider/Kevin Garnett one is very good. Rookie Garnett got a lesson: don't talk **** to Michael.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Hoiberg had a long career in the NBA, though.

He had to know what he was getting himself into when it comes to the personality of multimillionaire celebrity professional athletes and the billions of complications and headaches they bring.

Pop once said that Xs and Os and managing games wasn't the hard part of coaching.

The hard part is managing all the ego and testosterone.

The Last Dance was a great inside look at this. MJ was a ****. Not sure how Phil managed it all.
Scottie Pippen on his relationship with Michael Jordan: 'We never really had that off-the-court relationship' - CBSSports.com
" We were reminded of that success last summer when "The Last Dance," a six-part documentary detailed their dominance in the league and the meteoric rise of Michael Jordan both as a global and basketball star."

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Hate to derail this thread about Scott Frost and Nebraska, but....

On local radio I heard mention of this so I looked it up, fans are not happy. There are not a lot of D1 players in the state of Nebraska for '22, but out of the top 6, NU got the #4 guy, a 3-star linebacker out of Columbus, NE.
Top 3 are all 4-star recruits, but going elsewhere. #3 is a TE committed to Oklahoma on Saturday (I understand TOE thought they owned him, lol). On the radio they said it's the first in-state recruit to pick Oklahoma in over 50 years, OUCH!

If it helps, NU DID get the #7 guy in the state also. This kid from Lincoln (think maybe he's a Husker fan?) chose the Huskers over Illinois State, Minnesota, Penn, South Dakota, South Dakota State and Yale.

Everyone here knows that the Frost staff has said they are going after all the top talent in a 500-mile radius, so it really eats up the fans when the top 3 kids from the Omaha area go out of state and never even had NU in their top 3 or 5 or whatever, didn't even take official visits to NU. And, they just hired Trev Alberts (former Husker) as their AD, so maybe look for ol' Frosty to get another extension?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Hate to derail this thread about Scott Frost and Nebraska, but....

On local radio I heard mention of this so I looked it up, fans are not happy. There are not a lot of D1 players in the state of Nebraska for '22, but out of the top 6, NU got the #4 guy, a 3-star linebacker out of Columbus, NE.
Top 3 are all 4-star recruits, but going elsewhere. #3 is a TE committed to Oklahoma on Saturday (I understand TOE thought they owned him, lol). On the radio they said it's the first in-state recruit to pick Oklahoma in over 50 years, OUCH!

If it helps, NU DID get the #7 guy in the state also. This kid from Lincoln (think maybe he's a Husker fan?) chose the Huskers over Illinois State, Minnesota, Penn, South Dakota, South Dakota State and Yale.

Everyone here knows that the Frost staff has said they are going after all the top talent in a 500-mile radius, so it really eats up the fans when the top 3 kids from the Omaha area go out of state and never even had NU in their top 3 or 5 or whatever, didn't even take official visits to NU. And, they just hired Trev Alberts (former Husker) as their AD, so maybe look for ol' Frosty to get another extension?
The Tom Osborne influence still in effect with Alberts hiring. Bill Callahan wasn’t good, but he was lined up as the scape goat from the hiring. Things had changed, the huskers had to finally change and accept that their triple option was dead but TO didn’t want any bad look on him so they hired an “outsider” who had to change and they could blame him. They need to tell Osbourne to pee off and leave them alone if they want to get back.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
"Deep" dive into the decade of decline that Nebraska football is experiencing. It is an ESPN+ article (which means subscription)...interesting stuff...Adam Rittenberg does a good job covering NCAA FB!

• Love
Reactions: Cyched

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
This seems like gross invasion of privacy by fans.

It is...but is this a popular bar where Frosty is basically announcing what he's doing?

I heard enough 'he was groping and hitting on me' stories from people in Madison about Bielema that it was pretty obvious he didn't care who knew.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
"Deep" dive into the decade of decline that Nebraska football is experiencing. It is an ESPN+ article (which means subscription)...interesting stuff...Adam Rittenberg does a good job covering NCAA FB!

2 things on this:
1. While they had some decent seasons in the 2000s, they keep referring to all those achievements until 2001. Why not mention the bad-marginal years before heading to the B1G?

2. Is the B1G really better than 10 years ago? All their programs seem to be about on par from then...some worse. Sounds like an excuse to me.

Reactions: cyfanatic

Dr.bannedman

liberal
Aug 21, 2012
that island napoleon got sent to
2 things on this:
1. While they had some decent seasons in the 2000s, they keep referring to all those achievements until 2001. Why not mention the bad-marginal years before heading to the B1G?

2. Is the B1G really better than 10 years ago? All their programs seem to be about on par from then...some worse. Sounds like an excuse to me.
Ohio state is the only big10 team that is better now and even that is a toss up

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Poor Nebby. If only the Big 10 had brought in TX and OK they could be great again. I guess this reporter was not alive (or sober) when they left the conference to get away from TX and OK.

https://www.wowt.com/2021/07/27/nugent-big-ten-misses-great-opportunity-help-huskers/

I don't see how teams like Nebraska individually benefit (other than money) by adding Texas and Oklahoma to the conference. Same can be said for Arkansas, Vanderbilt, South Carolina, Missouri, Mississippi and Mississippi State. If you are already in 11th place on the conference totem pole, how does it help you to move to 13th? Now you have two more teams that you will likely never beat. You may pocket a few million more dollars every year, but you have further buried your football team in the basement of irrelevancy.

I just don't get it. I would think there should be 5 or 6 teams at least in the SEC that say, "No Thanks!" to this move.

• Winner
Reactions: Lineup