Nebraska football's red balloon tradition suspended

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
So it’s the helium shortage? Not the fact that they polluted the environment with hundreds of thousands of balloons every year? Yet another reason why Nebraska is the most out of touch fanbase in the country.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Fu*k the Fuskers, ,they are bottom feeders in the Big 10

They're in a tough spot now. They have improved their defense quite a bit. But offensively, they have a new OC and their QB is probably either Casey Thompson or Chubba Purdy. Not great, although I'm rooting for Chubba. Their schedule got easier with no tOSU or PSU, but they play OU out of conference. I could see them making a bowl this year, but a lot depends on the QB. I would say 6-6 maybe 7-5.

• Disagree
Reactions: Lineup

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
They're in a tough spot now. They have improved their defense quite a bit. But offensively, they have a new OC and their QB is probably either Casey Thompson or Chubba Purdy. Not great, although I'm rooting for Chubba. Their schedule got easier with no tOSU or PSU, but they play OU out of conference. I could see them making a bowl this year, but a lot depends on the QB. I would say 6-6 maybe 7-5.
If they go to a bowl all we'll hear for the next year is

1653486730706.png

• Winner
Reactions: Lineup

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
One of college football's greatest traditions - watching with delight as Nebraska fans hold on to their red balloons for an awkwardly long time until their offense finally gets on the board - will be suspended this season. Trev Alberts cited helium shortages and sanctions against Russia as the primary culprits, but deep down I'm sure he's a little relieved to be rid of such a visible reminder of the program's failures.

I had no idea they even had that tradition. What a bunch of polluting A###($#@.

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
Losing a tradition? What tradition is next? They leave their long standing conference because of hurt feelings? Oh wait.......I think tradition died a long time ago......