Nebraska’s demise

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Are people hyped to go see an interim coach coach the same **** squad? Why does this impact the sellout streak either way?

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

Wow. That is almost being honest about ticket sales. They made a huge deal out of the consecutive sellout again last Saturday. Just before they made the in-game announcement, I told everyone to look around at all the rows of people in the upper deck who just happened to all go to the bathroom at the same time!

Reactions: CyBobby

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
Wow. That is almost being honest about ticket sales. They made a huge deal out of the consecutive sellout again last Saturday. Just before they made the in-game announcement, I told everyone to look around at all the rows of people in the upper deck who just happened to all go to the bathroom at the same time!
It's just as much about recruiting and keeping guys from jumping ship.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
I think Dan Patrick's take was probably most accurate - they were afraid that they would win some games between now and then and make it harder to justify firing him.
I think it was pretty simple. Keep him until the buyout goes down. If he wins 3-4 games in that time, then let him finish the year and make a decision then. I don't think you gain much of a "head start" in your coaching search by firing him now.

• Agree
Reactions: SCNCY

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I think Dan Patrick's take was probably most accurate - they were afraid that they would win some games between now and then and make it harder to justify firing him.
You and Dan should check their upcoming schedule.

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
Sunday morning.

SF: "Trev, I will resign today,.......(wink, wink)."

TA: "Uhhhhh,.....OK."

Still searching for rock bottom in nub.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I already posted this in another thread that @Jeremy nixed (probably because you guys got out of control). It was my “most liked” post ever.

So I must repost about what may have been my best sports moment ever (and I’ve had some great ones). And I think it best fits in the “in-state rivals” forum because of the emotion involved with the Fuskers.

I watched the epic Cyclone TD drive from a tailgate in Lincoln. Then watched the rest of the game on my phone inside Memorial Stadium.

But more fun came a few hours later as my wife’s nephew, the quarterback for Georgia Southern, scored the winning touchdown against Nebraska. View attachment 102956 View attachment 102958 And you know what he was talking about after the game? The fact that he had thrown 108 passes in two games at Memorial Stadium and never been sacked. He started for Buffalo last year. He couldn’t wait to take his offensive lineman out for a steak dinner.

Hail Southern!

So did he grad transfer to Southern or is he collecting some of that sweet NIL money? Tell him Congratulations from Cyclone Nation on his teams big win!

Reactions: CyBobby

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

I foresee a lot of Flash Sales in the Nebraska A.D. to keep their sell out streak intact. I actually got in on one of those deals at Okie State in MBB one yr went down and was on campus and stopped at the A.D. to ck on tickets and a big donor bought up a big group of tickets and they were giving them away to whoever came to the athletic department G.A. tickets I had tickets probably halfway up the balcony and near one of the free throw lines way better than my seats in Hilton.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Confirmed: ESPN College Game Day and BIG NOON Fox going to be in Lincoln for Indiana vs. Nebraska. People are offering small immigrant children to trade for tickets. It will be the largest gathering of humanity since the Cubs World Series Parade. If you doubt me, you are a threat to Democracy.

Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
I think that the reason they fired him now is that some boosters believe they still have chance at a bowl game if they make a change now.

The problem is that the coaching change isn't going to fix that defense.
That might just be THE WORST DEFENSE EVER PLAYED BY THE CORN-HAULERS!!

I ALLREADY FEEL SORRY FOR THE COACH THAT TAKES THE NEBRASKA HEAD COACHING JOB!!

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I think it was pretty simple. Keep him until the buyout goes down. If he wins 3-4 games in that time, then let him finish the year and make a decision then. I don't think you gain much of a "head start" in your coaching search by firing him now.

No current coach is going to just quit their current team to begin coaching at Nebraska, that would be a death blow to their career.

The only thing you gain is talking to people like Urban Myer and Chris Pederson before anyone else can and potentially lock them up before the season ends. But otherwise, as you said, firing him now doesn't do much.

This firing has all the writings of the boosters wanting this done now instead of waiting.

Reactions: isutrevman

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
No current coach is going to just quit their current team to begin coaching at Nebraska, that would be a death blow to their career.

The only thing you gain is talking to people like Urban Myer and Chris Pederson before anyone else can and potentially lock them up before the season ends. But otherwise, as you said, firing him now doesn't do much.

This firing has all the writings of the boosters wanting this done now instead of waiting.
I can't imagine how much money they would throw at Urban Meyer.

fnclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2010
So what game are they going to win before October 1st?
The schedule is trash...the post I quoted was about the possibility of winning a few games, not guaranteed wins...any team with a pulse has a chance in these games...it would most likely be one score games with a chance to win just like the past 14 games or whatever it is. Also, it was more about firing a coach mid season, not by Oct 1.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
The schedule is trash...the post I quoted was about the possibility of winning a few games, not guaranteed wins...any team with a pulse has a chance in these games...it would most likely be one score games with a chance to win just like the past 14 games or whatever it is. Also, it was more about firing a coach mid season, not by Oct 1.
Actually the thread is about cutting the buyout in half by firing him on October 1. So the rest of the schedule is irrelevant.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron