***NCAA Wrestling Championships (Thu.-Sat.)***

BirdOfWar

May 3, 2010
Central Iowa
When our team leader (Carr) lost tonight, the team fell apart

I preface this by saying I know nothing, but we need more team leaders in general. If we want the right culture then everyone holds everyone accountable and no single loss should change the course. Frustrating day but we're aren't quite dead yet.

Muzzy

Jan 24, 2009
Iowa
Honestly, other than the Carr upset, going about how I thought given the Big 12 tournament results.

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
Anyone want to switch their CRTC donation to Parker's wins ? I'm already in on that with @buf87 and I'm not sure who else.

Reactions: JM4CY

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
I'm not going to repeat the same song and dance about the day 1 performance that has been outlined already.

I do want to touch on this though...Whoever handles scheduling better damn well be on the phones with schools like Nebraska, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio State, etc to get some tougher schools on the schedule. Enough of these D2-D3-Junior Colleges. The home schedule this year was terrible and we hear from the program how fans need to show up....well you better have some good teams on the schedule to get the non-diehards to show up. I know covid and what not hurt us not being able to see ASU which would have been a great one.

Next you have to have these guys going to big name tourneys. It's obvious they simply don't handle tournaments the same way they handle duals. Best to see that early in the season and get it corrected.

Dresser and Co. are one of the higher paid staffs in the nation, they have the resources at their disposal (not like PSU, Iowa, Ohio State, Oklahoma St) but they do have some dang good ones. They have missed on some early recruiting but they found their groove here lately which is very promising. There is no reason we can't become a top 6-8 team consistently and make moves towards trophies.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I'm not going to repeat the same song and dance about the day 1 performance that has been outlined already.

I do want to touch on this though...Whoever handles scheduling better damn well be on the phones with schools like Nebraska, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio State, etc to get some tougher schools on the schedule. Enough of these D2-D3-Junior Colleges. The home schedule this year was terrible and we hear from the program how fans need to show up....well you better have some good teams on the schedule to get the non-diehards to show up. I know covid and what not hurt us not being able to see ASU which would have been a great one.

Next you have to have these guys going to big name tourneys. It's obvious they simply don't handle tournaments the same way they handle duals. Best to see that early in the season and get it corrected.

Dresser and Co. are one of the higher paid staffs in the nation, they have the resources at their disposal (not like PSU, Iowa, Ohio State, Oklahoma St) but they do have some dang good ones. They have missed on some early recruiting but they found their groove here lately which is very promising. There is no reason we can't become a top 6-8 team consistently and make moves towards trophies.
Well said.

• Agree
Reactions: LSGOST8 and JM4CY

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa

Couldn’t have said it better. Also Nationals isn’t the time to “figure out what you did wrong and make corrections”. It’s a time to perform at your highest level.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

Completely agree.

Wisconsin came to Cedar Falls last year. I would think There’s no reason they wouldn’t come to Ames in a home and home.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron