***NCAA Wrestling Championships (Thu.-Sat.)***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Unfortunately, I'm too queasy to take you up on the suggestions and tapping out. I subscribe to the 24 hr rule(of not freaking out), but this tourney is rock bottom. We are not finding hammers on the recruiting trail and results indicate such. This is comparable to the end of the KJ era. There was more time spent on this board talking about the 1 trick pony making the stand....another example of fool's gold. Fool me once, shame on me.......
I’m with you but also have to remember the recruits coming in and waiting are some big names. If Carr comes back for 3rd not all is lost. He can still be a 3x champ. Swiderski is going to be a hammer. Rojas and naaktgeboren are hammers. The kid from Ohio looks really good. We had fools gold thinking these 70-100 big board recruits would score points at nationals yes

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
I haven’t caught any of today, been watching basketball, but we were a dual team this year not a tournament team. This absolutely sucks and Big 12 sucked too but I stand by some people continue with unrealistic expectations.

I don’t follow enough to know who we have coming in but hopefully we have a better schedule next year. We need to build a culture focused on Big 12 first and build that into NCAA success. We aren’t the same team we used to be and we have to rebuild that first.

alabamacyclone

Feb 11, 2019
JD was overmatched, but he was game. Again, he shot more, and if he could have finished.... That's all I got to say about that.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Your statement doesn’t really stand that his style doesn’t perform at NCAAs. You knows style doesn’t perform, Parker.
But he was an AA as a freshman and then was scouted against. Just like Parker. They didn’t evolve and get better. People scouted all these guys that’s why it’s harder to place twice or win it twice than just once. Because there are a lot of smart coaches out there that scout.

bustamoveisu

Sep 8, 2012
Your statement doesn’t really stand that his style doesn’t perform at NCAAs. You knows style doesn’t perform, Parker.

But he was an AA as a freshman and then was scouted against. Just like Parker. They didn’t evolve and get better. People scouted all these guys that’s why it’s harder to place twice or win it twice than just once. Because there are a lot of smart coaches out there that scout.
Hence I say "fool me once..."

LSGOST8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2011
Ames
JD was overmatched, but he was game. Again, he shot more, and if he could have finished.... That's all I got to say about that.
Yep, at least he fought. I afraid to mo how many takedowns we have as a team. Prolly about the same number as team points...

CycloneFan97

Jun 19, 2017
At this point in the tournament I'm more interested in what Dresser has to say, and how he defends this performance once this tournament is over

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
I’m with you but also have to remember the recruits coming in and waiting are some big names. If Carr comes back for 3rd not all is lost. He can still be a 3x champ. Swiderski is going to be a hammer. Rojas and naaktgeboren are hammers. The kid from Ohio looks really good. We had fools gold thinking these 70-100 big board recruits would score points at nationals yes

I agree, if the next round of kids don’t turn out we may need to make a decision on the staff.
Man I am frustrated after today though. David losing was painful to watch with the way it went down.