***NCAA Wrestling Championships (Thu.-Sat.)***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

azchief32

Dec 10, 2016
Hate the stalling...they should add the pushout. It did wonders for freestyle. I didn't see much of the match but it looked like Carr was shooting a bunch. One would think he would dominate but guys like that slow everything down (See Desanto vs Phillippi).

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Did The NC kid ever get hit for stalling? He basically went backwards the entire 3rd period. Now granted Degan has no legitimate leg attacks.

Are we seriously going to use this excuse every time one of our wrestlers loses? It's getting old now.

We never wrestle poorly do we? It's always something else.

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Really? so ISU is one of the top 5 most storied wrestling programs in the nation yet we will be sitting around 20th place with probably 1 all American. I grew up a fan watching Bobby Douglas coach then Cael so these results are not acceptable. Dresser is in year 5 right??? We are in no better position then we were with Jackson coaching.

This isn’t ISU football… ISU wrestling has 8 National Championships, 70 National Champs and 5 Olympic Champions.
Not where I want them to be, for sure.

Better than KJ- undeniably.

And as much as you old timers want to tout the ISU history, it is meaningless these days. It doesn’t help recruiting, or anything else. The best case scenario for ISU is to be a missouri or NC State type program. Hang out in the top 10 and maybe get a 4th place trophy once or twice a decade. That is just the landscape of college wrestling these days.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Ok…I am drunk…no denial. What happened to Carr
Not where I want them to be, for sure.

Better than KJ- undeniably.

And as much as you old timers want to tout the ISU history, it is meaningless these days. It doesn’t help recruiting, or anything else. The best case scenario for ISU is to be a missouri or NC State type program. Hang out in the top 10 and maybe get a 4th place trophy once or twice a decade. That is just the landscape of college wrestling these days.
What about 25th?

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
First 5 Year Comparison because who doesn't want to go down this rabbit hole as I seen someone mention KJ earlier:

KJ NCAA - 3, 20, 35, 11, 12
KJ Big 12 - 2, 5, 4, 2, 3

KD NCAA - 45, 16, Covid Year , 13, TBD (outside top 20)
KD Big 12 - 7, 2, 2, 3, 3

• Informative
Reactions: LincolnSwinger

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
First 5 Year Comparison because who doesn't want to go down this rabbit hole as I seen someone mention KJ earlier:

Have to scrap KJs first year. They took over very different programs. And it is no where near clear they’ll be outside the top 20 this year, but is possible.

bustamoveisu

Sep 8, 2012
The Detroit institute of Art is world class. You should see it, and Henry Ford’s Greenfield Village before you leave.
Unfortunately, I'm too queasy to take you up on the suggestions and tapping out. I subscribe to the 24 hr rule(of not freaking out), but this tourney is rock bottom. We are not finding hammers on the recruiting trail and results indicate such. This is comparable to the end of the KJ era. There was more time spent on this board talking about the 1 trick pony making the stand....another example of fool's gold. Fool me once, shame on me.......

OKClones

Dec 12, 2019
Are we seriously going to use this excuse every time one of our wrestlers loses? It's getting old now.

We never wrestle poorly do we? It's always something else.
Ok bud. I was just wondering because I was watching all 8 mats and couldn’t see if the ref had hit the NC kid. Thanks thou!

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016

Also, those big 12 results had what 4 or 5 teams depending on the year?

Help Support Us

Become a patron