***NCAA Wrestling Championships (Thu.-Sat.)***

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Man curt disappointed in you for agreeing with Clonedude.

Today sucked and almost everyone was terrible. Carr was far from great but in the end he wrestled to win and the other guy didn’t yet that dude got rewarded for it. To not even warn Willits was insane. Does he get the second stall call to give up a point? Who knows? But this sport needs to figure out what it wants. Boring defensive wrestling/stalling. Or aggressive action to push scoring points?

Rules are rules and that guy should have been dinged for stalling.

stalling no call or not, Carr is good enough that he should still win that match.

Hate agreeing with clonedude but he's right. Carr had ABSOLUTELY no business losing to that guy and the rest of the results are pathetic.

Land Grant

Oct 30, 2006
Wow... when you put it like that.... I said it a couple times before and I'll say it again. They didn't try to get into any of the big tournaments during the year AND IT SHOWS. It showed at big12s and showed again here. Stop avoiding hard matches during the year
Okay. So you're all trashing my posts where I cast the shade of this terrible performance on the coaches. Why? What you describe above is poor coaching. Weight misalignment is poor coaching. Underperforming seniors is poor coaching. A team that perennially craps its pants come tournament time is ... you guessed it ... poor coaching. Its not that we're not competing for #1, its that we're not competitive for #15. Its not that we're outperformed by Penn State, its that UNI eats our tournament lunch.

I imagine that Dresser probably calls you all by name a the socials and he holds that one meet a year in a podunk HS gym. Is that where all this loyalty comes from? 'Cause what I see is a very poor return on a pretty generous investment.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
I’m a huge fan of DC and don’t want to criticize because I don’t know that much about wrestling, but I would like to know how someone of his caliber could not escape in the sudden death and then not be able to ride out a 17
Gassed

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Okay. So you're all trashing my posts where I cast the shade of this terrible performance on the coaches. Why? What you describe above is poor coaching. Weight misalignment is poor coaching. Underperforming seniors is poor coaching. A team that perennially craps its pants come tournament time is ... you guessed it ... poor coaching. Its not that we're not competing for #1, its that we're not competitive for #15. Its not that we're outperformed by Penn State, its that UNI eats our tournament lunch.
I imagine that Dresser probably calls you all by name a the socials and he holds that one meet a year in a podunk HS gym. Is that where all this loyalty comes from? 'Cause what I see is a very poor return on a pretty generous investment.
Like most things, I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
What a pathetic showing. Dresser needs to resign after this year. Same story every year. ISU can’t even finish in the top 10 ever or get more than 2 All Americans. Why in the HeIL did he get a contract extension. His results have been worse than KJs

Resign? Umm no. That's a bit harsh.

However, with the talent he's put together on this roster.... top 10 finish should be the expectation IMO. I don't know enough about what is going on inside the program to know where the problem is? Is it Metcalf and St. John? I have no idea?

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
stalling no call or not, Carr is good enough that he should still win that match.

Hate agreeing with clonedude but he's right. Carr had ABSOLUTELY no business losing to that guy and the rest of the results are pathetic.
Tell that to Jake Varner then when he lost to Mike Pucillo in the Finals his sophomore year. Had zero business losing that one but some guys are VERY talented at not wrestling/stalling and taking chances in SV or OT. When you have someone who excels at it and knows he isn’t going to get called on it, scoring on a dude like that ain’t easy.

Again tell me you haven’t wrestled without telling me you haven’t wrestled.

Only big fault was David should have gotten that takedown on the edge that he let get away. 100% needs to finish that.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Man curt disappointed in you for agreeing with Clonedude.

Today sucked and almost everyone was terrible. Carr was far from great but in the end he wrestled to win and the other guy didn’t yet that dude got rewarded for it. To not even warn Willits was insane. Does he get the second stall call to give up a point? Who knows? But this sport needs to figure out what it wants. Boring defensive wrestling/stalling. Or aggressive action to push scoring points?

Rules are rules and that guy should have been dinged for stalling.

He had a warning

JohnPrineforCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2019

However, with the talent he's put together on this roster.... top 10 finish should be the expectation IMO. I don't know enough about what is going on inside the program to know where the problem is? Is it Metcalf and St. John? I have no idea?
I still think this program is headed in the right directions and we are getting good wrestlers. I think a good suggestion would be to enter better tournaments, and stop scheduling duals with high school teams in Montana and Colorado. Some D1 competition during the season would be nice.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa

I can tell you for certain it isn't Metcalf and St. John.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Tell that to Jake Varner then when he lost to Mike Pucillo in the Finals his sophomore year. Had zero business losing that one but some guys are VERY talented at not wrestling/stalling and taking chances in SV or OT. When you have someone who excels at it and knows he isn’t going to get called on it, scoring on a dude like that ain’t easy.

Again tell me you haven’t wrestled without telling me you haven’t wrestled.

Only big fault was David should have gotten that takedown on the edge that he let get away. 100% needs to finish that.

So every wrestler that the PSU wrestlers are facing are actually trying to wrestle? Or do some of them try to stall the whole match to try to keep it close?

Or do the refs ONLY not call stalling when ISU is wrestling, but they call it in all the other matches?

I'm just saying that some wrestlers out there today are still winning as expected, even when facing guys that aren't trying to wrestle.

cloneraslin

Apr 11, 2006
Wow... when you put it like that.... I said it a couple times before and I'll say it again. They didn't try to get into any of the big tournaments during the year AND IT SHOWS. It showed at big12s and showed again here. Stop avoiding hard matches during the year
This times 100. Dresser did a terrible cupcake schedule and our guys had decent records but look what that’s doing for us now. Keep scheduling terrible duals and not going to any quality tournaments these are the results you’ll get. Very obvious at this point Coach Robbie was the reason for VT success. He is recruiting better and developing better than KD.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron