NCAA ignoring the FBI investigation

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Sean Miller coaching. His best player played even though 100k was involved.

Miles bridges playing after getting money.

So why not cheat? Why not just take 500k and get the best high school players. North Carolina didn’t even make their kids earn grades and no penalty

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I agree, the NCAA has turned a blinded eye to basketball cheating.

The only problem is that they choose to selectively punish schools so if you’re not a blueblood, it’s a risky proposition to cheat.

• Agree
Reactions: GTO and Knownothing

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
I don't know. The Bridges thing seemed like much ado about nothing, and the Miller thing seems questionable right now as nothing has come out since the initial report. For as big as this was made out to be, it doesn't seem like much.

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
I’d say it’s too early to do anything. It’s an ongoing investigation and you can’t really punish based off of the allegations in this situation, especially with Miller & Ayton where the allegations have issues with the validity.

Last edited:

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Jay Bilas was right on this - it all came out right before the NCAA's cash cow, the basketball tourney. As I understand it, the NCAA itself does not make much money from the FB bowls and the national championship game. It depends on the NCAA BB tournament to fund itself so it was not going to make any rash moves to put its success in jeopardy.

It's also true what is noted above - these types of things in the best of circumstances take time so Miller coaches, Ayton plays etc. That's not to say that they won't take some actions in the off-season (it's also possible that they WON'T). If anything would catch the NCAA's attention, you'd think it would be a 3-letter federal agency.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Jay Bilas was right on this - it all came out right before the NCAA's cash cow, the basketball tourney. As I understand it, the NCAA itself does not make much money from the FB bowls and the national championship game. It depends on the NCAA BB tournament to fund itself so it was not going to make any rash moves to put its success in jeopardy.

It's also true what is noted above - these types of things in the best of circumstances take time so Miller coaches, Ayton plays etc. That's not to say that they won't take some actions in the off-season (it's also possible that they WON'T). If anything would catch the NCAA's attention, you'd think it would be a 3-letter federal agency.

Not sure what will eventually happen, but the NCAA has historically been pretty good at looking the other way when a blue blood does things that would cause major violation penalties for other schools.

• Agree
Reactions: I-stateTheTruth

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
Sean Miller coaching. His best player played even though 100k was involved.

Miles bridges playing after getting money.

So why not cheat? Why not just take 500k and get the best high school players. North Carolina didn’t even make their kids earn grades and no penalty
Ever hear of the term "due process"?

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
I know the NCAA hasn't done squat, but let's check "who's left in the tourney?" UNC? - got their A$$e$ handed to them today - don't have to watch Huckleberry Hound's smugness on the sidelines anymore. Auburn and their slimeball used car salesman coach? - got their A$$e$ handed to them today - and here's hoping that Pearl will get the perma-ban from ever coaching college basketball. Arizona? - got their A$$e$ handed to them in the opening round - I guess 100K doesn't do as much as Miller thought it would. Alabama? - got their A$$e$ handed to them yesterday. MSU? - down in flames! It's nice to see them lose due to their university's shameful behavior in allowing Nassar to do what he did (plus it's always nice to see the Big10 teams lose).

Reactions: Cyclonepride