***NCAA Championships (March 18-20)***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
My point is: I don't hear the opposing coaches hollering about it, and I don't see Lee's opponents getting injured by ref's purported failures to stop a potentially dangerous move. It looks like much ado about nothing. Yes, the announcers must have been spitballing.

Thank you. Absolutely bizarre thread of messages. The guy has completed 4 years of college wrestling and cranked over a ton of opponents over those 4 years. No injuries I’ve heard of nor has a single coach or opponent made reference to this. An analyst makes a passing reference on a single broadcast and suddenly he’s a dirty wrestler doing illegal moves? Goodness. Let’s be better.

Desanto’s antics have improved considerably during his time at Iowa...then yesterday happened. My brother has gotten to know his family a little and they have been thrilled with the progress he’s made both on and off the mat from a maturity standpoint at Iowa. Yesterday was a step back but I have no doubt they supported the swift action taken.

Oh, and Terry Brands is a maniac but don’t forget that ISU has tried to hire him more than once.

• Disagree
Reactions: Gonzo and CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Yesterday was a step back but I have no doubt they supported the swift action taken.
They're actually pushing back against the administration and have reached out to ESPN to try to get in contact with the young lady so she doesn't press charges. I don't think any "swift action" has happened yet

Reactions: MartyFine

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
They're actually pushing back against the administration and have reached out to ESPN to try to get in contact with the young lady so she doesn't press charges. I don't think any "swift action" has happened yet

He was effectively suspended from the team soon after the incident. Doesn’t mean there won’t be more coming from it, but that’s the definition of swift action.

• Agree
Reactions: Gonzo

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Random question I was thinking about- did David get taken down all season? I know he got reversed a couple times, but other than that I only remember the other points he gave up were escapes.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Random question I was thinking about- did David get taken down all season? I know he got reversed a couple times, but other than that I only remember the other points he gave up were escapes.

Kid from Lindenwood got him once in the 3rd period of that tech fall.

Other than that, just the three reversals at NCAAs.

• Informative
Reactions: stuclone

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
That 2018 high school class was loaded with talent. Just looking at the 2018 flo big board:
1. Gable Steveson
2. Aaron Brooks
3. Mason Parris
4. Sammy Sasso
5. David Carr
12. RBY
19. Shane Griffith

7/20 finalists from that class with 50% of the national champs from this year.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Penn State finished 15.5 points behind first and got a combined 4.5 points from 125, 149, 157, and 165 and having 6 freshman in their lineup this year. I really think they could be the favorite by the time next March rolls around.
Also on this and I’ll have to go back and look to see how Cael has done over the years, but it seems like he gets the most out of half the team and then the other half produces nothing. I need to look at results to see if that’s true or just seems that way. Has he had a year with 7 or 8 AA’s? Maybe he has more than I remember.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Kid from Lindenwood got him once in the 3rd period of that tech fall.

Other than that, just the three reversals at NCAAs.
David could bonus really good wrestlers if he would cut them after take downs. He is too quick on his feet for 90% of the guys he wrestles.