NBC coaching hot seat list has a lot of familiarity ...

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
https://collegebasketball.nbcsports...ll-coaches-are-in-danger-of-losing-their-job/

BILL SELF, Kansas: Kansas is going to fight tooth and nail against the allegations levied by the NCAA in the Notice of Allegations that was served last month, but that doesn’t change the fact that Self and company were hit with multiple Level I violations. It’s tough for me to envision a scenario where Self is actually fired, but there’s a chance that the two parties could end up parting ways one way or another by the end of the season.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Have you been able to find those posts where I defended Self yet? TIA!
Chuckie darling, we all know of your love for cheatin' Bill. And we don't get any satisfaction from you telling us what a great coach he is. Remember last year, Chuckie, he had 8, count them e-i-g-h-t, 4 and 5-star guys and finished third. That should tell you all you need to know about his coaching abilities. Never has a coach achieved so little with so much as Bill Self, never! But you go on tellin' us how great a coach he is anyway, Chuckie. We know he's important to you.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Chuckie darling, we all know of your love for cheatin' Bill. And we don't get any satisfaction from you telling us what a great coach he is. Remember last year, Chuckie, he had 8, count them e-i-g-h-t, 4 and 5-star guys and finished third. That should tell you all you need to know about his coaching abilities. Never has a coach achieved so little with so much as Bill Self, never! But you go on tellin' us how great a coach he is anyway, Chuckie. We know he's important to you.

You are an odd duck

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines

Sure its not me you're not mixing him up with?

I'm a self-proclaimed Self lover (minus the cheating part).

Sorry for the hassle @chuckd4735

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

So you have or have not found any posts where I defended him? Again, you directly called me out for defending him, so I'm assuming you have some evidence? Also, you say "we all", who does "we all" include?

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

For $75 I'll find chuck's posts for you

• Funny
Reactions: surly

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Me: Sh*t, I hope Fran isn’t on that list.

*checks list*

Me: oh thank god.
Frannie is good to go as long as his sugar daddy AD is in place. Brian Ferentz follows daddy at HC and Frannie is in place until 2024 (at least)...gives you hawks a great feeling doesn't it. Perhaps Brian continues to call plays as the HC...paradise!

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
So you have or have not found any posts where I defended him? Again, you directly called me out for defending him, so I'm assuming you have some evidence? Also, you say "we all", who does "we all" include?
Him and the other voices in his head.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
There is a part of me that unfortunately thinks if Roy Williams was able to come out OK with the supposed scandals at UNC (and I don't doubt for a minute that he wasn't doing stuff while at KU too) that I would not be surprised KU comes out of this with a mere slap on the hand and some weak ass self-imposed sanctions. Just look at that list and you have Wade and Miller who were caught on wire taps discussing payments yet still have jobs. Pearl keeps on finding employment somehow too with his history. Would be poetic justice if the cheating scumbags on that list all got fired this season.

The guy on that list who I think has a very hot seat right now is Shaka Smart. It's safe to say he's been a huge disappointment since he was hired and it's not because of talent, he's had a player drafted in the first round each of the past 3 years. His 2019 recruiting class is ranked 17th on 247sports, 2018 was 8th, 2017 and 2016 was 6th. They've made the tournament 2 of his 4 years and were bounced in the first round both times. Shaka brought the bigger name and has more resources at his disposal than Prohm did to ISU and whose stint as head coach would you take right now based off the results?

• Agree
Reactions: surly

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Shaka's winning system at VCU simply did not fit the kind of high-potential recruits he brought to Texas. They weren't interested in playing Smart's full-court system and Shaka didn't adjust well to the skills they brought.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Shaka's winning system at VCU simply did not fit the kind of high-potential recruits he brought to Texas. They weren't interested in playing Smart's full-court system and Shaka didn't adjust well to the skills they brought.

Thank you for that unsolicited and unwanted colloquy on the state of Texas basketball

Reactions: Halincandenza

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Me: Sh*t, I hope Fran isn’t on that list.

*checks list*

Me: oh thank god.

Foster going to Iowa would probably continue the only trend that has kept Fran's job, so you could argue ISU wins either way if he stays in state.

No basketball coach in the nation owes as much to the football coach/program as Fran.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron