NBA Offseason thread

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Watch Cunningham play quite a bit last year and I'm not totally sold on him. A bit of a tweener who wants to play guard but lacks the quickness that's required to play that position in the NBA. Certainly a good prospect with his size and skillset though.
I'm with you on this. He looks to be the next Ben Simmons IMO. Sucks for the Pistons to have #1 pick in a year where there isn't that can't miss prospect just sitting there for the taking.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque

Not bad for the Wizards if they can score the #22 pick in the deal. They probably save some money too assuming LA takes a bulk of what is still owed to Russ. I have never liked Kuzma that much. KC-P seemed like a good fit in LA though, I thought he had become one of LeBron's guys.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I'm with you on this. He looks to be the next Ben Simmons IMO. Sucks for the Pistons to have #1 pick in a year where there isn't that can't miss prospect just sitting there for the taking.

He has a better jumper than Simmons but he's smaller and not near the same defender. I just think he's gotten by being bigger and stronger than others at his position which he wont be able to do in the NBA. He's going to have to get quicker.

Reactions: Cyinthenorth

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Not bad for the Wizards if they can score the #22 pick in the deal. They probably save some money too assuming LA takes a bulk of what is still owed to Russ. I have never liked Kuzma that much. KC-P seemed like a good fit in LA though, I thought he had become one of LeBron's guys.

That's alot to give up. My Lakers friend isn't happy about losing Pope. He was one of the better role players for LA.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyinthenorth

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I'm under the belief you can't win a title with Russ. Maybe not being the primary or secondary option things will be different.

Reactions: heitclone

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I'm under the belief you can't win a title with Russ. Maybe not being the primary or secondary option things will be different.
I still like BKN's offense more but LAL wouldn't be bad defensively.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

You just can't let him touch the ball when it matters, easily the lowest bball IQ superstar I've watched. He just doesn't have what it takes upstairs to be a winner.

• Winner
Reactions: chadly82

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
I want to see what GSW do and if Simmons is moved from Philly
Philly is out of their minds on their expectations for trading him. If I was GS I would offer Wiggins and one pick nothing else.

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
Cunningham is a waaaay better shooter than Simmons. He's not an elite defender but he has plenty of time to improve on defense.