NBA is BACK!

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
I've been disenchanted with the NBA as of late, but I must admit that tonight's game was fun to watch. The star power was off the charts.

Between the two teams I counted 7 hall of famers in: Pierce, Garnett, Allen, Rhondo, Bron, Wade and Bosch. It was like watching an all-star game.

HiltonMagic

Apr 12, 2006
CA
Visit site
I've been disenchanted with the NBA as of late, but I must admit that tonight's game was fun to watch. The star power was off the charts.

Between the two teams I counted 7 hall of famers in: Pierce, Garnett, Allen, Rhondo, Bron, Wade and Bosch. It was like watching an all-star game.

The great Pete Newmann of ESPN Research says Heat-Celts tonight will be NBA's first regular-season game since JAN 1969 w/13 former All-Stars

Twitter

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
The great Pete Newmann of ESPN Research says Heat-Celts tonight will be NBA's first regular-season game since JAN 1969 w/13 former All-Stars

Twitter

Damn, I forgot to throw Shaq in there. He's not only a hall-of-famer, but top 50 of all time.

Let's not forget Jermain O'Neil too. That guy used to own the league with Tinsley.

cyclone1975

Feb 4, 2007
Ankeny
Teh NBA iz stoopid. It all 1 on1, no defens, streetball, me 1st crap. College is wey better!

I used to think this too, but if you watch really good teams play--Lakers, Celtics, Nuggets at times last year--there really is a lot of strategy and execution out there. Granted, the season is way too long and once the standings start to take shape, players will start to just go through the motions. But it still can be entertaining.

Of course I prefer ISU basketball, but I will watch some NBA if quality teams are playing.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
I just can't get myself to watch the NBA. Haven't watched since MJ defeated the Jazz.

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
I don't care for the NBA, yet I am somewhat drawn to the drama, hype, words, trash, and all other sorts of devilish behavior. Who is going to do something insane this year?

I guess it's my guilty pleasure of reality TV.

And I loved Bill Walton announcing. He is so horrible, yet intriguing, in a sad, lonely way. I think his soul died with Garcia.

no2cyclones

Mariner Moose
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Good gracious... Are you kidding me with the spelling errors within the names of the players you mention??? If you're a fan, at least know how to spell the names correctly!

Rajon RONDO and Chris BOSH played tonight.

Damn, I forgot to throw Shaq in there. He's not only a hall-of-famer, but top 50 of all time.

Let's not forget Jermain O'Neil too. That guy used to own the league with Tinsley.

Also, Jermaine O'Neal.

Seriously, dude?

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
First off, I think we're a way off to annoint Rhondo and Bosh Hall-of-famers. Bosh has been solid, but I wouldn't call him a HOFer yet. Really, Rhondo had a break-out year last year, but before that was pretty much a role player. I won't even comment on Jermaine O'Neal.

I do agree that it's hard for me to watch the NBA. I'll absolutely watch when my Magic are playing, but it's hard for me to watch a game that my team isn't playing in.

cyguytillidie

Feb 9, 2010
Des Moines
Cheering for a Bulls-Thunder final so my two favorite stars in the league, Rose and Durant, can battle it out.

Also cheering for CB33 to get the ROY and MVP in the Rookies vs. Sophomores game during the all-star break. Good Luck this year Craig!!!!!

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Oh, too bad last night LeBaby.... you won't be able to beat the Celts in the playoffs either.

College BB is still the best, but the NBA is still good to watch if you catch a game here or there. Playoffs are always a must for me. Yeah sports.

Go Celtics!

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Cleveland radio host hires witch doctor to curse Miami Heat's LeBron James - ESPN

Wow, some radio host in Cleveland hired a Witch Doctor to curse Lebron. Ha.

I like some of the comments on this:

It worked for Cerrano in Major League. Maybe Jobu can strike twice?

Jobu.jpg

pdvd_004bmp-724091.jpg

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I tryed watching this game, but i could only make it through the first 2 mins. NBA sucks.

So did I. I don't care for sports with long seasons until the playoffs. I didn't watch a second of baseball this year but caught about 1/2 hour of playoffs.

I like Ok. City though.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Oh, too bad last night LeBaby.... you won't be able to beat the Celts in the playoffs either.

College BB is still the best, but the NBA is still good to watch if you catch a game here or there. Playoffs are always a must for me. Yeah sports.

Go Celtics!

It's the first game of the year. The Celtics have been together for three years now, this Heat team still hasn't had all of their guys playing together yet. Wade missed the entire preseason and he looked very rusty. Getting Mike Miller back will really help the Heat spread the floor, this team will have a completely different look come midseason, they just need to get used to playing with each other.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
Man Shaq looked really fat and out of shape, much more so than usual. Be a professional.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron