NBA: ***NBA 2019-2020 Season***

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Bulls look bad again. I try to keep watching but its painful. I can't believe they signed Boylen to a multi year deal.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Curry suffered a broken hand Wednesday night. Warriors will be competing with Chicago and other nba losers for worst record in the league this year.

https://sports.yahoo.com/stephen-cu...ame-with-apparent-wrist-injury-040700964.html

I saw a quote from Joe Lacob after the game last night where he got all pissy about a reporter asking about the possibility of tanking. Joe, buddy, it might not be a choice for you anymore. Time to see how the other half lives.

Without Steph around to create offense out of nothing they have all the makings of a 30 win team. Hell, even with him it was starting to look like it might be a massive struggle just to get to 40.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Isn't oladipo out

Yeah, I honestly thought they’d be fine without him. I still think they will be but it’s a really weird lineup without Oladipo. All of my predictions look pretty bad so far this year.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
It’d be something if they won the lottery this year.

Shades of the '97 Spurs. The only difference is that at this point there isn't a Tim Duncan type of player in this draft. Some good prospects for sure, but no franchise changers.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I don’t think the GSW are really going to care about their draft chances. They’re a major player now with the new stadium (not that they weren’t before) and they’re going to be in the FA market.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I don’t think the GSW are really going to care about their draft chances. They’re a major player now with the new stadium (not that they weren’t before) and they’re going to be in the FA market.
Their salary cap is getting wrecked by Steph and Klay plus they still need to make a decision on Draymond soon. They won't have money to spend on top tier free agents if they keep Green. In that case they would absolutely have to care about their draft pick in 2020.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I'm upset we don't get to watch Steph fail to carry a horrible team for a season. Makes you appreciate what guys like early 30s LeBron, 2018-19 Kawhi and Giannis, solo Westbrook, etc were able to do.

Reactions: heitclone

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Their salary cap is getting wrecked by Steph and Klay plus they still need to make a decision on Draymond soon. They won't have money to spend on top tier free agents if they keep Green. In that case they would absolutely have to care about their draft pick in 2020.

If I was them I would try to move Green and also trade some their likely lottery pick and other picks for some guys they can pair with Steph and Klay. Their bench right now is horrible.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines

They already made their decision on Green last summer - a relative bargain at four years, 100 million. Going forward their core is Steph/Klay/Draymond. Not a bad group to build around. They'll be OK, but a high pick in the 2020 draft gives them a little extra to work with as they look at how to build around their core three.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
They already made their decision on Green last summer - a relative bargain at four years, 100 million. Going forward their core is Steph/Klay/Draymond. Not a bad group to build around. They'll be OK, but a high pick in the 2020 draft gives them a little extra to work with as they look at how to build around their core three.
Forgot about that. At that annual rate he's actually a trade asset for them. They need depth. Their bench is awwwwwful.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Forgot about that. At that annual rate he's actually a trade asset for them. They need depth. Their bench is awwwwwful.

Yeah, it's not a bad deal. But the thing about Draymond is I wonder how he's viewed by other teams around the league. Yeah, he's going to make your team better defensively, but he's also a huge personality who's definitely going to ruffle some feathers and he's somewhat limited offensively. I don't question his value or importance to the Dubs and their system, but it's very much a hand in glove fit. And I think that to some extent Golden State's management has enabled him over the years.

I don't know that he's as valuable or important to anyone else in the NBA (except maybe Atlanta since they're basically just trying to be the Dollar General Warriors).

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver

It's a good year for them to run through a bunch of guys and see what sticks. Paschall is putting up some numbers -- remember when Fred was recruiting him as a transfer from Fordham? You'd think they'd be able to find another player or two. Just do whatever it is the Heat do when they find dudes out of nowhere.