NBA: ***NBA 2019-2020 Season***

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Philly fans are weird. He's good but severely offensively challenged right now. I do like his upside quite a bit, though.

I just saw this comment from Justin Verrier on The Ringer lol.

The Sixers need adults to fill out their bench, which is chock-full of recent draft picks and Hinkie Specials (i.e., players whom the general public think are good because of all the hype they receive from Philly’s cultish fan base but are in fact not good).

Although I'm think he's mostly just trying to subtly poke fun at another Ringer writer who loves Philly.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Looking at the 2020 mock draft to see what Golden St and Minnesota might add, and man that is a weak looking class. Not only a lack of star power but the whole lottery is filled with guys who I would feel better taking at the back end of the first. This past year didn’t had a lot of guys who seemed like they would be at worst solid role players in the league if nothing else, I don’t even see that in the 2020 draft.

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I just saw the Dedmon trade that happened last night, where the Kings sent two second rounders and Dedmon to Atlanta for Len and Jabari Parker. Kings, you gotta fire some people.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Maybe they think they can get him turned around with a fresh start. If you squint a little you can see Wiggins eventually working in the Iguodala role in whatever revamped Lineup of Death they roll out next season when everyone is healthy again. But that's the problem with him - his whole career he's been an "if you squint a little, you can see him as..." type of player. Based on his athletic gifts alone he could be a beast on the boards and/or a lockdown wing defender and a terror filling a lane or wing on the break. But he's just none of those things. Not that the Wolves care anymore; he's Golden State's puzzle to figure out now.

It does seem like a little bit of a heat check for Bob Meyers. Like watch I’ll turn Wiggins into a starter on a title team. But Wiggins and Jimmy Butler, who is fairly close to Draymond personality wise, really did not work. Like you said, best case scenario all the pressure if off of him, he flourishes from a role as a third or fourth option, lots of open catch and shoot opportunities and embraces playing high level defense and maybe even picks up a little bit of the secondary ball handler role that Iguodala filled, although Wiggins has never shown much ability to create for others.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Now the Wolves are trading Dieng to Memphis for James Johnson, who was really good at times with the Heat. Trading for Heat guys can be risky business once they get out of that Heat culture, but it's not like they gave up much.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Now the Wolves are trading Dieng to Memphis for James Johnson, who was really good at times with the Heat. Trading for Heat guys can be risky business once they get out of that Heat culture, but it's not like they gave up much.

Also if you ever want to get in a huge brawl, Johnson is a very good guy to have on your side.

• Funny
Reactions: Doc

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Marcus Morris to the Clips, that's a nice pickup. Gives them even more positional flexibility, if the Kinicks get Shamet back that's a nice sign and flip for them.

Well forget that last line, looks like it's Jerome Robinson, Harkless and the Clips first.

Last edited:

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Marcus Morris to the Clips, that's a nice pickup. Gives them even more positional flexibility, if the Kinicks get Shamet back that's a nice sign and flip for them.

Well forget that last line, looks like it's Jerome Robinson, Harkless and the Clips first.

That's a garbage return for the Knicks. I guess these things are bound to happen when you fire the guy in charge of basketball operations two days before the trade deadline.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Wolves front office has to be partying right now. Thought they came out of that with a great deal.
Seems like a win-win to me.

GS gets rid of a guard that would take shots away from the [healthy] Splash Bros.
Minny gets rid of a guy who wasn't pulling his contractual weight.
Wiggins gets a change of scenery and will have much less pressure being a 3rd option.
KAT gets his buddy DLo.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Minimal return for Drummond.
They were scared he was going to opt-in to his big contract for next year this summer.

Not sure what Cleveland is going to do with Love, Drummond and Tristan Thompson. They probably assume Thompson will leave this summer, which would be very smart.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Looking at the 2020 mock draft to see what Golden St and Minnesota might add, and man that is a weak looking class. Not only a lack of star power but the whole lottery is filled with guys who I would feel better taking at the back end of the first. This past year didn’t had a lot of guys who seemed like they would be at worst solid role players in the league if nothing else, I don’t even see that in the 2020 draft.
Watch GS land James Wiseman and roll out a starting five of Steph, Klay, Wiggins, Draymond and Wiseman. That's a legit 5.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Sometimes I day dream about what would have happened had Nick Nurse taken the job back in 2010 rather than Fred. Undoubtedly the best coach in the game right now.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc