NBA: ***NBA 2019-2020 Season***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
And I mean just losing a few pounds to help with his endurance through games and put less stress on his knees. He’s a very good player even at 275 lbs.

Yeah, no doubt. I think he could stand to lean out a little but anywhere from 260-275 he's going to be an absolute bear to handle defensively. Guys with his combination of size and explosiveness don't come along very often.

• Agree
Reactions: awd4cy

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
The trade deadline is one week away. It's been quiet so far. Best one I've heard that could be legit is the T-Wolves calling the Magic about Aaron Gordon. I'd like that move for Minny depending on what they have to give up. A Gordon/KAT frontcourt could be pretty damn good.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Lotta sizzle, not much steak. I dunno. The Rockets going all in on small ball is kind of interesting, as is the fact that Rosas almost managed to offload Wiggins and his albatross contract.
At least the Wolves are trying to do something but I agree idk if this moves the needle much.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
At least the Wolves are trying to do something but I agree idk if this moves the needle much.

I didn't care for them parting with Bates-Diop - I think he can be a really good rotation wing player with a little more experience. But they and the Nuggets might not be done making moves, either.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
My though is Houston had almost no chance before and have absolutely no chance now. Too much small ball for an NBA team.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
My though is Houston had almost no chance before and have absolutely no chance now. Too much small ball for an NBA team.

Who in the West will make them go bigger? If the Lakers want to go big with McGee or Howard on the floor, that's going to be fine with Houston. The less they see the AD-LeBron-Kuzma frontcourt the better for their opponents. Utah isn't going to change their offense and suddenly start going post up heavy with Gobert.

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Who in the West will make them go bigger? If the Lakers want to go big with McGee or Howard on the floor, that's going to be fine with Houston. The less they see the AD-LeBron-Kuzma frontcourt the better for their opponents. Utah isn't going to change their offense and suddenly start going post up heavy with Gobert.

Yeah, it sounds like Dantoni has more or less conceded that they're going to get beat on the boards every game but he can live with it as long as they can keep getting to the rim like they have been. I guess they deserve some credit for leaning all the way into their identity. Probably a doomed strategy but if you have two guys who can get to the rim at will and surround them with spot up shooters then roll with it and see what happens.

You think Kuzma is staying put with the Lakers or getting moved before the deadline?

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Yeah, it sounds like Dantoni has more or less conceded that they're going to get beat on the boards every game but he can live with it as long as they can keep getting to the rim like they have been. I guess they deserve some credit for leaning all the way into their identity. Probably a doomed strategy but if you have two guys who can get to the rim at will and surround them with spot up shooters then roll with it and see what happens.

You think Kuzma is staying put with the Lakers or getting moved before the deadline?

It goes back to Morey talking about the Rockets needing to accept risk if they want to win a title, and they've continued to do that with the move for Westbrook and now taking small ball to its extremes.

I think he stays with LA, the Lakers seem to want a higher than reasonable return value for him. I think he's a better post season fit than regular season fit anyway assuming AD is fine with playing a lot of five in the playoffs. With an AD-LeBron-Kuzma-Green-KCP lineup, they can easily hide Kuzma as both Green and KCP can guard bigger guys if needed.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver

Wow, that is a lot to process.

Vanderbilt is intriguing. 6’9, great rebounder, good playmaker for his size. Not only can he not shoot, but his touch around the rim is horrific. Hopefully they can give him a chance and see if he figures it out.

Nuggs offered Beasley 3/30 before the season and he didn’t take it. He is a great shooter and has been making some clutch ones recently so I’m kind of surprised they traded him for what they got. He’s a bit of a wild card for the Wolves because somebody could give him too much in RFA. He’s a good athlete but not great on defense yet.

Juancho is a RFA as well but shouldn’t command too much. He showed some promise but pretty much lost last year with mono or something he never really came back from. He’s an interesting four option because his biggest strengths are three point shooting and rebounding.

• Informative
Reactions: CloniesForLife

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Lotta sizzle, not much steak. I dunno. The Rockets going all in on small ball is kind of interesting, as is the fact that Rosas almost managed to offload Wiggins and his albatross contract.

It sounds like if there was a better draft class this year, they would have been able to do it. Golden St seems to be looking for 2021 draft picks not 2020 picks from what I've read.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
The Heat get Iguodala for Justice Winslow. Who knows what else is being moved back and forth. There’s also rumors about them getting Gallinari, which would give them an fascinating Big 3 in Butler, Adebayo, and Gallinari, who I think is underrated.