Naz

Jdiddy

Dec 23, 2012
What happened to Naz Long? I like that kid when he came in off the bench. He's made some freshman mistakes but I thought he was effective.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
What happened to Naz Long? I like that kid when he came in off the bench. He's made some freshman mistakes but I thought he was effective.

Yesterday, T.J. did a little Q & A with Twitter followers (which he does on occassion) and there was this tweet at one point.

T.J. Otzelberger@coachotz Hopefully he heals up!@Mattydice11: when will we see more of naz hasnt been playing to much! Also we aré after that reed travis kid right

Now for those of you non-twitter people.......Mattydice11 asked 2 questions of T.J. First about Naz......and then second about Reed (sic) Travis. Since I don't believe T.J. can talk about unsigned recruits at this point, I think his response of "Hopefully he heals up" was referring to Naz......so he must have some sort of lingering injury that is keeping him out. Just my 2 cents.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
Naz hurt his hand according to Coach Otz:

He's a worker! Hand injury has really slowed his progress@TonyRuizCPC: How is Naz doing in practice? Any chance for him to get more minutes?

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Naz also has a problem playing defense. I think that has also kept him on the bench more.

He was one of the hardest playing defenders in the Cap City league. Okay, I know that may not be saying much, but he was just tenacious and really annoying to guys who aren't used to be covered in those games.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
He was one of the hardest playing defenders in the Cap City league. Okay, I know that may not be saying much, but he was just tenacious and really annoying to guys who aren't used to be covered in those games.

Im not saying Naz doesn't put out effort on defense. It just looks like when he is playing he tends to look lost and tends to be out of position defensively. This is just part of being a Freshman. He is going to get a lot better.

cyhawkdmb

Jul 13, 2010
CB
Im not saying Naz doesn't put out effort on defense. It just looks like when he is playing he tends to look lost and tends to be out of position defensively. This is just part of being a Freshman. He is going to get a lot better.

I find this pretty funny. It seems like team defense is a problem as a whole! not just Naz.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Due to the fact I assume that Lucious will be playing 27-30 minutes at the PG for us during the year. I don't expect Naz to have a lot of playing time available, especially if the Clyburn experiment at the point continues. My hope is his injury heals and he gains a little of the staff's confidence and carve out 10-12 min a gaime as the true backup to Corrie throughout the conference season.
(I don't see him playing much if any time at the 2 guard with Babb, McGee, and Clyburn available)

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
Naz Long is a positive, good person. I am not sure if he will ever be a great point guard for us. But, has potential to be good one.