National Title Game may be delayed due to COVID issues at Ohio St.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
  • Informative
Reactions: DSMCy

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
I totally agree with your sentiment, but there's way too much money tied up in this game for them to cancel it, unless it's the last resort. It's not about Ohio State...I mean, it's not ENTIRELY about Ohio State. People want that money. And if it means pushing the game back, they'll do it.

and that’s exactly why they should kick OSU to the curb on it and pick the next man up. OSU had no right to hold such a huge money making event hostage because they have issues staying healthy. They’re no better than everyone else.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
and that’s exactly why they should kick OSU to the curb on it and pick the next man up. OSU had no right to hold such a huge money making event hostage because they have issues staying healthy. They’re no better than everyone else.
But they won't, though. Everyone else is done. Players are home. Coaches are on vacation. I don't like Ohio State any more than you do, but you're pissing into the wind, here.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Guessing don't want Saturday Night because NFL Playoffs going at that time (this week & next). Friday would work but guessing TV execs don't want that because at least in "normal times" that usually isn't a good viewership night numbers wise.

I would bet viewership would increase. I haven't finished a national championship game since maybe the first Clemson one about 5 years ago.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: CychiatricWard

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
To a point I agree. I find it alarming that Naz long had the hips of a 60 year old man before surgery. We push it too early in this country.

Naz's hip problem is pretty common. I have it. It is congenital and unrelated to the amount of basketball he's played.

• Informative
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC