NA beer

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
Looks like I'm going to be going on the wagon for a while for health reasons. Are there any decent NA beers out there? For reference, I've been drinking mostly IPAs lately.

secondname

Feb 7, 2014
Looks like I'm going to be going on the wagon for a while for health reasons. Are there any decent NA beers out there? For reference, I've been drinking mostly IPAs lately.

Glad to hear this, regardless of reason.

I do not drink NA beers because it makes me long for regular beer. It is easier (for me) to stay away from the temptation than tempt it.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I once drank a St. Pauli Girl NA because it was handy. It was one of the better tasting NAs I had ever had. Kaliber (brewed by Guinness) is a decent NA that is pretty malty. Obviously neither are an IPA.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown

No. I have been just cutting way down recently instead. Don't have any health issues yet, but this beer gut is kinda getting out of control.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
I once drank a St. Pauli Girl NA because it was handy. It was one of the better tasting NAs I had ever had. Kaliber (brewed by Guinness) is a decent NA that is pretty malty. Obviously neither are an IPA.

These are two I was gong to mention. If you can find it, Nanny State by Brew Dogs is supposed to be a really good NA IPA.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I turned to root beer during my recent hiatus. I think I'm going to make a habit of abstinence from Thanksgiving to Saint Patrick's day every year.

Drop down that tolerance right before St Patty's? You're a brave man.

LetsPlay2

Dec 18, 2008
Des Moines
Peace Tree has a really good non alcoholic root beer. Can be hard to find, but I buy it from Gateway Market in Des Moines. They say Hy Vee's have it, but I have yet to find it at any that I have been to.

I turned to root beer during my recent hiatus. I think I'm going to make a habit of abstinence from Thanksgiving to Saint Patrick's day every year.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
When my wife was pregnant I tried to help her out by drinking NA's. I kind of liked the O'Doul's Amber. I also recently tried a St Pauli Girl NA. It wasn't bad.