NFL: My unofficial NFL predictions

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
He's definitely not the best, but to say he's the most overrated in the history of the NFL? I don't see how you can justify that. He's a huge reason they made the playoffs the last two years.

I just did justify it. People say all the time he's the best ever, yet when the game's on the line, he's on the sidelines.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
As an Eagles fan, I am wondering how in the heck you have them going 5-11? That is just crazy.

They have a tough schedule. They have to play Minnesota, Greenbay, Indianapolis, Dallas twice, and even have to go to Chicago which is always a tough place to play. Kolb seems like a good fantasy back, but I'm not sold on him winning games for a whole season once defenses have had a time to adjust to him. I'm not sold on LeSean McCoy for a whole season either.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I just did justify it. People say all the time he's the best ever, yet when the game's on the line, he's on the sidelines.

So because someone said he's the all time best (which is rediculous) you say he's the most overrated of ALL time?

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Looks fairly realistic to me.

Your final records could be arguable, but order of finish within the divisions seems likely.

I did an extremely quick game-by-game a while back, came up with a lot of similarities.

I could see Atlanta making the playoffs, with Minnesota or New Orleans missing the cut.

I have Tennessee and Miami making the playoffs, Jets & Houston not.

I have Carolina w/ worst record in the league at 2-14.

Call me crazy.

This is all unofficial, though. :jimlad::wink:

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I think Buffalo, Carolina, and Oakland will be the bottom 3 teams by far.

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008
Not quite sure why everyone continues to pick the Jets over the Dolphins.

1. The Dolphins beat the Jets both times last year.

2. Last year, the Dolphins were a solid team but missing a gamebreaker. They added one on both sides of the ball - Karlos Dansby and Brandon Marshall.

3. The Jets best player is holding out.

4. Chad Henne is better than Mark Sanchez.

cyfan964

Oct 22, 2006
I know Buffalo isn't great, but I will bet you $5,000 they win more than 2 games.

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
They have a tough schedule. They have to play Minnesota, Greenbay, Indianapolis, Dallas twice, and even have to go to Chicago which is always a tough place to play. Kolb seems like a good fantasy back, but I'm not sold on him winning games for a whole season once defenses have had a time to adjust to him. I'm not sold on LeSean McCoy for a whole season either.

In conference, they will split with Dallas and NY(that is usually the norm) and should beat Washington. They dominated Jacksonville in preseason when the starters were in. They also play Detroit,Chicago, San Fran (the NFC West is horrible) Atlanta, Tennessee, and Houston. All of those are winnable games. I see somewhere in the 8-10 win range. Low end 7 and definitely not 5.

Kolb fits the Eagles offense perfectly. I don't worry too much about him as most QB's that come in do well in that offense and he has the arm and acurracy to thrive in the offense. McCoy can be thrown in the same category. The Eagles don't rely on the runing game at all. As long as Mccoy can catch the ball out of the backfield, he will be fine. The defense will be solid, as always.

CycloneGB

Jul 20, 2010
Vikings will go undefeated on the way to winning their first Superbowl over St. Louis (who will also be undefeated up through the SB).

Packers, Bears and Lions will win 2 games each, by beating the other two teams once.

Book it.

St. Louis is also in the NFC.. Unless its gonna be an All-NFC Super Bowl this year I'm pretty sure thats not possible..

Book it.

Cyballz

Aug 20, 2009
I do get a kick out of those that rip me even when I admit I'm never right in the first place...I don't care. It's just a lot of fun for me to go through the schedule.

If you are never right why the hell would you pick your team to win the Super Bowl? But as a queens hater I thank you for jinxing your team.